Interesting book

    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 5, 2005
      I just got info about this book, which I'm going to order for our collections. It looks fascinating:

      *ivé kroniky slovenských dejínskryté v názvoch obcí a miest Rudolf Kraj*ovi*
      Vydavate*stvo Literárne informa*né centrum, 2005
      230 strán · pevná väzba · rozmer 13,7x23,1 cm ·
      ISBN 8088878993

      Rudolf Kraj*ovi* nám poskytuje mo*nos* vnori* sa do na*ich dejín, zostúpi* k predchodcom, do na*ich ve*komoravských a stredovekých *asov. Odha*uje stopy po ve*mo*och, panovníkoch i slu*obníkoch, ktoré po nich ostali e*te aj dnes v názvoch obcí a miest. Nemusí teda mýtizova*, mô*e sa opiera* o presné a nezvratné dôkazy, ktoré uchoval jazyk vo svojej pamäti.

    • pjjano@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 6, 2005
        English pleas

        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 6, 2005
          _Living Chronicles of Slovak History Hidden in the Names of Communites and Towns_ by Rudolf Kraj*ovi*

          Rudolf Kraj*ovi* allows us to delve into our history, to return to our ancestors, to Great Moravian and medieval times. He examines the traces of magnates, lords, and servants that remain to this very day in the names of communities and towns. He does not have to create myths [about Slovak history], he uses the precise and incontrovertible facts retained by the language.

          >>> pjjano@... 12/06/05 9:39 AM >>>
          English pleas

          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        • krejc@aol.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 7, 2005
            Helen,
            this sounds like quite an interesting book. What one town's name proves to
            mean and how it came to be also throws a glimpse into what happened in most of
            the surrounding towns. It is, i am sure in Slovak language, but perhaps
            someday, the translation into other languages may be available.
            Noreen

              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 7, 2005
                So, how could I order one of those books?
                Zuzka

                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 7, 2005
                  Here is the url for the publisher's contact info <http://www.litcentrum.sk/contact>. You could send htem an email inquiring about the book.

                  >>> durisek@... 12/07/05 12:46 PM >>>