Rental Car crossing countries

  • gergely
    Message 1 of 48 , Dec 2, 2005
      It's been awhile since we drove to Slovakia (from Budapest), but then we
      found that Hertz was the only international company willing to allow us to
      drive into Slovakia. I imagine that's changed since then. But, I feel that
      dealing with a company that has US roots is worth the effort.

      As for rental at the Frankfurt airport, we usually end up renting from
      National or Alamo. I believe they are now affiiliated. They seem to offer
      the best deals, and are easier to talk into an upgrade at the airport. We
      only rent for in-country from them, and don't know if they allow travel to
      Slovakia, but they would be worth the try.

      Several times we discovered that our car had OnStar, which was a god-send in
      eastern Germany. I was a bit of a struggle getting the OnStar computer to
      switch from German to English, but we eventually figured it out.

      Jack Gergely
      Newport News

      Message 48 of 48 , Dec 19, 2005
        Price for car rental is very different and mostly
        depend what kind of car you want to rent.20 day rental
        from Apr 25 to May 15
        with automatic trans.Car Opel Astra $1771, Volkswagen
        Golf $ 1830, Opel Vectra $1941. Other cars with manual
        trans.
        prices is from $ 1330. to $ 4100 The airlines ticket
        from JFK to Berlin and from Vienna to JFK is $ 620 +
        tax

        John

        http://mail.yahoo.com