St. Louis Slovak Festival

  • Gregory J Kopchak
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 6, 2005
      While a far cry from the Pittsburgh Festival today, we went
      to the St. Louis Slovak Festival yesterday.

      Held at St Lucas Slovak Lutheran Church in St. Louis, Missouri,
      we found Polka Music, Haluski, Halupki, and Chicken Papricka.

      They also had some nice blown glass oranaments, Slovak Shirts,
      and Butchers Aprons.

      We will miss everyone tonight. Maybe next year.

      Greg Kopchak
      It's All Relative
    • Chuck Vrshek
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 6, 2005
        Yes - And next Sunday, St. Lucas has their Centennial Celebration with a special 10 am worship service, followed by the Celebration Banquet. I'll be traveling to St. Louis from Georgia and am making time to review church records for family history. It should be a great celebration and giving of thanks for the 100 years. Interesting enough, my aunt Betty Vrshek Johnson, who lives in Lockport, Ill. at the age of 95, appears to be the oldest living former member of St. Lucas. This maybe more personal - but hey, when Slovaks celebrate - oh yes, they celebrate!!
        Chuck Vrshek, Marietta, Georgia

        Gregory J Kopchak <greg@...> wrote:
        While a far cry from the Pittsburgh Festival today, we went
        to the St. Louis Slovak Festival yesterday.

        Held at St Lucas Slovak Lutheran Church in St. Louis, Missouri,
        we found Polka Music, Haluski, Halupki, and Chicken Papricka.

        They also had some nice blown glass oranaments, Slovak Shirts,
        and Butchers Aprons.

        We will miss everyone tonight. Maybe next year.

        Greg Kopchak
        It's All Relative

      • Mike Bernardoni
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 6, 2005
          Greg, I didn't know anything about this. We go to the Polish Festival
          every year at the Polish Falcons Lodge in St. Louis in September.
          Mike