TEST

  • William Kollar
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 29, 2003
      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

    • Nick Holcz
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 29, 2003
        Help. I have what I believe is my father's birth certificate ( using
        a dictionary anglicko-cesky, sorry no accents on my keyboard) .

        I can work out the first few columns but column headed meno diefafa,
        pohlavie, nabozensto which has his birth name followed by chlapec then vir .

        next one with parent's name underneath father's name is obchod??? ???bythom
        underneath mother looks like nove mesto nv ( which I presume is nove mesto
        nad vahom) then 235

        next heading nabo-zenstvo has vir next to both names?

        next heading looks like vek which I presume is age

        next heading is miesto narodenia, ked matiza neporodila v svojom
        bydlisku nothing in this column?

        last column heading pripadne poznamky pred podpisom - podpisy ?

        under his father's name looks like vznamovalel then another name with
        matrikas underneath it ?

        I also have some other papers that I need help with but better not go for
        the whole lot at once.

        Any help will be appreciated.

        Regards
        Nick
      • Vladimir Bohinc
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 30, 2003
          Dear Nick,
          Nove Mesto n.V. is my territory. I live here.
          Is the document, that you have a real Certificate? In what year was it issued and by whom (seal)?
          I am not sure, if you read "vir" correctly.Can you send me a scan?
          father was obchodnik, meaning merchant.
          Bytom means Residence, Nove Mesto #235. I don't know, why a number, together with the place of the name is always such a problem.
          The sign # also means number. And If I write 235, it is clear, that this is a number.A house Number.
          Chlapec is a boy.
          Nabozenstvo is religion. But vir??? This must be wrong reading.
          Vek is age.
          What you have is a Birth Certificate, therefore there is the column: miesto narodenia, ked matka neporodila v svojom bydlisku;
          place of birth, if mother did not give birth in her residence or home place.Therefore, there is nothing. The boy was born in Nove Mesto, and not somewhere else.
          This Certificate , that you have, was issued by the civil authorities.
          Oznamovatel= the name of the person, that came to the registrar and reported the birth of the child. So, this record was made based on what the father, in this case oznamovatel, reported.
          Matrikar is the Registrar, that made this record or Certificate.
          Regards,
          Vladimir

        • Lynn <lynnr@yahoo.com>
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 30, 2003
            Maybe the reason this house # is such a problem for Americans is that
            here we ALWAYS have a house # followed by a street name, as in "235
            Elm Street, Smithtown, NY" Even the smallest towns and burgs here
            have street names. So if we see #235 with a name of a town, we
            think "what street"?
            Lynn
            at 45 West Hartford

            --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "Vladimir Bohinc" <konekta@n...>

            Service.

          • Vladimir Bohinc
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 30, 2003
              Yes Lynn, the rest of the world is different. Early villages and small towns did not have streets.Can you imagine a street name for a home in the mountains?
              Vladimir

              wrote:
              > Dear Nick,
              > Nove Mesto n.V. is my territory. I live here.
              > Is the document, that you have a real Certificate? In what year was
              it issued and by whom (seal)?
              > I am not sure, if you read "vir" correctly.Can you send me a scan?
              > father was obchodnik, meaning merchant.
              > Bytom means Residence, Nove Mesto #235. I don't know, why a number,
              together with the place of the name is always such a problem.
              > The sign # also means number. And If I write 235, it is clear, that
              this is a number.A house Number.
              > Chlapec is a boy.
              > Nabozenstvo is religion. But vir??? This must be wrong reading.
              > Vek is age.
              > What you have is a Birth Certificate, therefore there is the
              column: miesto narodenia, ked matka neporodila v svojom bydlisku;
              > place of birth, if mother did not give birth in her residence or
              home place.Therefore, there is nothing. The boy was born in Nove
              Mesto, and not somewhere else.
              > This Certificate , that you have, was issued by the civil
              authorities.
              > Oznamovatel= the name of the person, that came to the registrar and
              reported the birth of the child. So, this record was made based on
              what the father, in this case oznamovatel, reported.
              > Matrikar is the Registrar, that made this record or Certificate.
              > Regards,
              > Vladimir

              Service.

            • Scott T. Mikusko
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 1, 2003
                test message. I hadn't received any messages in ages. Apparently yahoo
                though there was something messed up with my address.

                -S
              • Sunshine52
                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 2, 2005
                  TEST...