Re: [Slovak-World] After Festival Party

  • Bruce Bagin
    Message 1 of 30 , Oct 3, 2005
      thanks Joe the text is correct the heading is unfortunate I just picked the
      thread. I understand the Steelers are playing on sunday .
      Message 2 of 30 , Oct 4, 2005
        At 11:33 PM 10/3/2005 -0400, you wrote:
        >Saturday at 6 is that clear? How about old chicago dark? or maybe
        >Berghoffs

        Has anyone heard what time Helene's party is on Sat night? Will we end up
        with conflicting times?

        Julie Michutka
        jmm@...
      • Bruce Bagin
        Message 3 of 30 , Oct 4, 2005
          that's 6:00 PM folks any earlier and we would still be cleaning up.
          >>Saturday at 6 is that clear? How about old chicago dark? or maybe
          >>Berghoffs
          >
          > Has anyone heard what time Helene's party is on Sat night? Will we end up
          > with conflicting times?
          >
          > Julie Michutka
          > jmm@...
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • helene cincebeaux
          Message 4 of 30 , Oct 4, 2005
            Hi Everyone - missed you all this summer -Slovakia was
            magnificent as usual! I found a whopping 2,700 plus
            Slovak World messages had accumulated while I was
            gone. Looks like you had a lot to talk about.

            Wanted everyone to know you are invited to a Slovak
            World/Treasures Tours Gathering - Sat., Nov. 5, at
            6:00 PM, at Bruce and Rose Cathleen Bagin’s, 5620
            Forbes Ave., Pittsburgh near the University of
            Pittsburgh where the Slovak Festival will be held the
            next day (Sunday Nov. 6) from 12 noon to 5 pm. The
            Bagins are so wonderful to offer to host us!

            Pat Rabich has been researching hotel possibilities
            and came up the Comfort Inn and will be posting the
            info on Slovak World.

            If you can join us please bring your beverage and a
            dish to pass or a goodie - something to share. Let
            Helene know if you can come - will help us in planning
            - helenezx@... or 585.342.9383. I already have the
            list of possible attendees from a previous message.

            It’s wonderful that Julie Michutka is coming from
            Massachusetts, and Zuzka Durisek is hoping to come
            from Kentucky. Darinka Kohl is planning to come from
            Wisconsin, Helen Ruatti from California is hoping too
            - and lots of our PA and Ohio friends - should be fun!

            Directions to the Bagins: 5620 Forbes Avenue, take the
            Squirrel Hill exit. to
            Murrary avenue LEFT onto Murray (first traffic light)
            then straight to Forbes
            Avenue (about 5 or 6 traffic lights (Coldstone
            Creamery is on your right.)

            Turn Left at that intersection. as you get to the
            middle of the long block start looking for parking. If
            you are lost call 412.421.9388

            love that Bill Brna is making halusky -

            helene

            __________________________________
            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • Caye Caswick
            Message 5 of 30 , Oct 4, 2005
              Berghoff's, I'm drooling -- that's a very cool place!

              Not a bad brew either -- however it's Old Style for me
              or pretty much nothing -- when I say loyal, I really
              mean it, the Canadians wanted to know what I had
              against Moleson -- had to tell them dunno, not
              shopping.

              Caye

              http://www.lcb.state.pa.us/app/Retail/storeloc.asp?plcbNav=|32369|

              > "distributors"
              > >> in
              > >> bar at

              > >> city
              > >> out.

              > >> month.

              > >> year
              > it
              > live

              > following
              > >> the
              > live
              > >> in --
              > >> mapquest,
              > the
              > hop
              > >> in a
              > >> near

              > >> easy to
              > on

              > have

              > Other

              === message truncated ===

              __________________________________
              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • Bruce Bagin
              Message 6 of 30 , Oct 4, 2005
                Being as I am from Milwaukee orginally and came to the burgh from a job in Chicago I must say that I am familiar with both and thee was none better then Peter Hand;s OldChicago Dark, with Berghoff's a distant second. we used to drink special export in Milwaukee.

                --- Bruce Bagin <bagin@...> wrote:

                > Saturday at 6 is that clear?  How about old chicago
                > dark?  or maybe
                > Berghoffs

                *  Visit your group "Slovak-World" on the web.

                *  To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

                *  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

                PeoplePC Online
                A better way to Internet
                http://www.peoplepc.com
              • Dr. Joe Q
                Message 7 of 30 , Oct 4, 2005
                  We'll be there with brooms, mops, and maybe shovels!!

                  Dr. "Q"

                  --- Bruce Bagin <bagin@...> wrote:

                  > that's 6:00 PM folks any earlier and we would still
                  > be cleaning up.

                  __________________________________
                  http://mail.yahoo.com
                • Dr. Joe Q
                  Message 8 of 30 , Oct 4, 2005
                    I know right where Berghoff's is located along with
                    the Palmer House, the Russian Tea Room, etc. Down on
                    the loop.

                    Dr. "Q"

                    --- Bruce Bagin <bagin@...> wrote:

                    > Being as I am from Milwaukee orginally and came to
                    > the burgh from a job in Chicago I must say that I am
                    > familiar with both and thee was none better then
                    > Peter Hand;s OldChicago Dark, with Berghoff's a
                    > distant second. we used to drink special export in
                    > Milwaukee.

                    __________________________________
                    http://mail.yahoo.com
                  • amiak27
                    Message 9 of 30 , Oct 4, 2005
                      I am sorry to miss what sounds like a heck of a party, and you
                      should be sad to miss the smoked salmon and Alaska Amber I would
                      bring down to compliment the haluski. The Alaska Amber is brewed
                      from an old Czech recipe from the Juneau gold rush days... yea,
                      those Czechs find their way all over!

                      Enjoy -
                      Ron
                      PS just had to add haluski to my computer dictionary then looked it
                      up in my Slovnik to see it was spelled halusky or rather
                      halušky....

                    • Bruce Bagin
                      Message 10 of 30 , Oct 5, 2005
                        isn't there a road from the 49th state to Pittsburgh? If there is there is no reason to miss the party
                        I am sorry to miss what sounds like a heck of a party, and you
                        should be sad to miss the smoked salmon and Alaska Amber I would
                        bring down to compliment the haluski. The Alaska Amber is brewed
                        from an old Czech recipe from the Juneau gold rush days... yea,
                        those Czechs find their way all over!

                        Enjoy -
                        Ron
                        PS just had to add haluski to my computer dictionary then looked it
                        up in my Slovnik to see it was spelled halusky or rather
                        halusky....

                        --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, Bruce Bagin <bagin@p...> wrote:
                        > Being as I am from Milwaukee orginally and came to the burgh from
                        a job in Chicago I must say that I am familiar with both and thee
                        was none better then Peter Hand;s OldChicago Dark, with Berghoff's a
                        distant second. we used to drink special export in Milwaukee.

                        Hotel slovakia Slovakia phone Slovakia

                      • Caye Caswick
                        Message 11 of 30 , Oct 5, 2005
                          I think this is the party Helen usually has -- am I
                          correct?

                          I also think Bill Brna will be trying to get us a
                          reservation at a local restaurant for after the
                          Festival on Sunday -- and was waiting on how many
                          people wanted to gather so he knew the group size,
                          again, correct me if I'm all mixed up.

                          The Helen Group in the past were Tour Participants;
                          but seems as if they are opening it up to others this
                          time around and, instead of at Red Roof Inn, it's
                          going to be at Bruce's Squirrel Hill home.

                          Caye

                          --- "J. Michutka" <jmm@...> wrote:

                          > At 11:33 PM 10/3/2005 -0400, you wrote:
                          > >Saturday at 6 is that clear? How about old chicago
                          > dark? or maybe
                          > >Berghoffs
                          >
                          > Has anyone heard what time Helene's party is on Sat
                          > night? Will we end up
                          > with conflicting times?
                          >
                          > Julie Michutka
                          > jmm@...

                          __________________________________
                          http://mail.yahoo.com
                        • Caye Caswick
                          Message 12 of 30 , Oct 5, 2005
                            Bruce is right -- Ron, if you leave now, the Al-Can
                            will get you there just in the nick-o-time!

                            ;-P
                            Caye

                            === message truncated ===

                            __________________________________
                            http://mail.yahoo.com
                          • Caye Caswick
                            Message 13 of 30 , Oct 5, 2005
                              I'm so close right now I could probably touch all
                              three -- if anyone's ever in The Loop, let me know --
                              I'll join you for a tour of the PHouse, a Berghoff
                              beer and dinner at RTRoom. Of course, we'd have to
                              discuss our Slovak heritage -- wouldn't want to veer
                              off-topic!

                              ;-P
                              Caye

                              http://mail.yahoo.com