Re: [Slovak-World] Re: After Festival Party

  • Bruce Bagin
    Message 1 of 30 , Oct 3, 2005
      Saturday at 6 is that clear? How about old chicago dark? or maybe
      Berghoffs
      Message 2 of 30 , Oct 3, 2005
        thanks Joe the text is correct the heading is unfortunate I just picked the
        thread. I understand the Steelers are playing on sunday .
        Message 3 of 30 , Oct 4, 2005
          At 11:33 PM 10/3/2005 -0400, you wrote:
          >Saturday at 6 is that clear? How about old chicago dark? or maybe
          >Berghoffs

          Has anyone heard what time Helene's party is on Sat night? Will we end up
          with conflicting times?

          Julie Michutka
          jmm@...
        • Bruce Bagin
          Message 4 of 30 , Oct 4, 2005
            that's 6:00 PM folks any earlier and we would still be cleaning up.
            >>Saturday at 6 is that clear? How about old chicago dark? or maybe
            >>Berghoffs
            >
            > Has anyone heard what time Helene's party is on Sat night? Will we end up
            > with conflicting times?
            >
            > Julie Michutka
            > jmm@...
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • helene cincebeaux
            Message 5 of 30 , Oct 4, 2005
              Hi Everyone - missed you all this summer -Slovakia was
              magnificent as usual! I found a whopping 2,700 plus
              Slovak World messages had accumulated while I was
              gone. Looks like you had a lot to talk about.

              Wanted everyone to know you are invited to a Slovak
              World/Treasures Tours Gathering - Sat., Nov. 5, at
              6:00 PM, at Bruce and Rose Cathleen Bagin’s, 5620
              Forbes Ave., Pittsburgh near the University of
              Pittsburgh where the Slovak Festival will be held the
              next day (Sunday Nov. 6) from 12 noon to 5 pm. The
              Bagins are so wonderful to offer to host us!

              Pat Rabich has been researching hotel possibilities
              and came up the Comfort Inn and will be posting the
              info on Slovak World.

              If you can join us please bring your beverage and a
              dish to pass or a goodie - something to share. Let
              Helene know if you can come - will help us in planning
              - helenezx@... or 585.342.9383. I already have the
              list of possible attendees from a previous message.

              It’s wonderful that Julie Michutka is coming from
              Massachusetts, and Zuzka Durisek is hoping to come
              from Kentucky. Darinka Kohl is planning to come from
              Wisconsin, Helen Ruatti from California is hoping too
              - and lots of our PA and Ohio friends - should be fun!

              Directions to the Bagins: 5620 Forbes Avenue, take the
              Squirrel Hill exit. to
              Murrary avenue LEFT onto Murray (first traffic light)
              then straight to Forbes
              Avenue (about 5 or 6 traffic lights (Coldstone
              Creamery is on your right.)

              Turn Left at that intersection. as you get to the
              middle of the long block start looking for parking. If
              you are lost call 412.421.9388

              love that Bill Brna is making halusky -

              helene

              __________________________________
              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • Caye Caswick
              Message 6 of 30 , Oct 4, 2005
                Berghoff's, I'm drooling -- that's a very cool place!

                Not a bad brew either -- however it's Old Style for me
                or pretty much nothing -- when I say loyal, I really
                mean it, the Canadians wanted to know what I had
                against Moleson -- had to tell them dunno, not
                shopping.

                Caye

                === message truncated ===

                __________________________________
                http://mail.yahoo.com
              • Bruce Bagin
                Message 7 of 30 , Oct 4, 2005
                  Being as I am from Milwaukee orginally and came to the burgh from a job in Chicago I must say that I am familiar with both and thee was none better then Peter Hand;s OldChicago Dark, with Berghoff's a distant second. we used to drink special export in Milwaukee.

                  --- Bruce Bagin <bagin@...> wrote:

                  > Saturday at 6 is that clear?  How about old chicago
                  > dark?  or maybe
                  > Berghoffs

                  *  Visit your group "Slovak-World" on the web.

                  *  To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

                  *  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

                  PeoplePC Online
                  A better way to Internet
                  http://www.peoplepc.com
                • Dr. Joe Q
                  Message 8 of 30 , Oct 4, 2005
                    We'll be there with brooms, mops, and maybe shovels!!

                    Dr. "Q"

                    --- Bruce Bagin <bagin@...> wrote:

                    > that's 6:00 PM folks any earlier and we would still
                    > be cleaning up.

                    __________________________________
                    http://mail.yahoo.com
                  • Dr. Joe Q
                    Message 9 of 30 , Oct 4, 2005
                      I know right where Berghoff's is located along with
                      the Palmer House, the Russian Tea Room, etc. Down on
                      the loop.

                      Dr. "Q"

                      --- Bruce Bagin <bagin@...> wrote:

                      > Being as I am from Milwaukee orginally and came to
                      > the burgh from a job in Chicago I must say that I am
                      > familiar with both and thee was none better then
                      > Peter Hand;s OldChicago Dark, with Berghoff's a
                      > distant second. we used to drink special export in
                      > Milwaukee.

                      __________________________________
                      http://mail.yahoo.com
                    • amiak27
                      Message 10 of 30 , Oct 4, 2005
                        I am sorry to miss what sounds like a heck of a party, and you
                        should be sad to miss the smoked salmon and Alaska Amber I would
                        bring down to compliment the haluski. The Alaska Amber is brewed
                        from an old Czech recipe from the Juneau gold rush days... yea,
                        those Czechs find their way all over!

                        Enjoy -
                        Ron
                        PS just had to add haluski to my computer dictionary then looked it
                        up in my Slovnik to see it was spelled halusky or rather
                        halušky....

                      • Bruce Bagin
                        Message 11 of 30 , Oct 5, 2005
                          isn't there a road from the 49th state to Pittsburgh? If there is there is no reason to miss the party
                          I am sorry to miss what sounds like a heck of a party, and you
                          should be sad to miss the smoked salmon and Alaska Amber I would
                          bring down to compliment the haluski. The Alaska Amber is brewed
                          from an old Czech recipe from the Juneau gold rush days... yea,
                          those Czechs find their way all over!

                          Enjoy -
                          Ron
                          PS just had to add haluski to my computer dictionary then looked it
                          up in my Slovnik to see it was spelled halusky or rather
                          halusky....

                          --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, Bruce Bagin <bagin@p...> wrote:
                          > Being as I am from Milwaukee orginally and came to the burgh from
                          a job in Chicago I must say that I am familiar with both and thee
                          was none better then Peter Hand;s OldChicago Dark, with Berghoff's a
                          distant second. we used to drink special export in Milwaukee.

                          Hotel slovakia Slovakia phone Slovakia

                        • Caye Caswick
                          Message 12 of 30 , Oct 5, 2005
                            I think this is the party Helen usually has -- am I
                            correct?

                            I also think Bill Brna will be trying to get us a
                            reservation at a local restaurant for after the
                            Festival on Sunday -- and was waiting on how many
                            people wanted to gather so he knew the group size,
                            again, correct me if I'm all mixed up.

                            The Helen Group in the past were Tour Participants;
                            but seems as if they are opening it up to others this
                            time around and, instead of at Red Roof Inn, it's
                            going to be at Bruce's Squirrel Hill home.

                            Caye

                            --- "J. Michutka" <jmm@...> wrote:

                            > At 11:33 PM 10/3/2005 -0400, you wrote:
                            > >Saturday at 6 is that clear? How about old chicago
                            > dark? or maybe
                            > >Berghoffs
                            >
                            > Has anyone heard what time Helene's party is on Sat
                            > night? Will we end up
                            > with conflicting times?
                            >
                            > Julie Michutka
                            > jmm@...

                            __________________________________
                            http://mail.yahoo.com
                          • Caye Caswick
                            Message 13 of 30 , Oct 5, 2005
                              Bruce is right -- Ron, if you leave now, the Al-Can
                              will get you there just in the nick-o-time!

                              ;-P
                              Caye

                              === message truncated ===

                              __________________________________
                              http://mail.yahoo.com
                            • Caye Caswick
                              Message 14 of 30 , Oct 5, 2005
                                I'm so close right now I could probably touch all
                                three -- if anyone's ever in The Loop, let me know --
                                I'll join you for a tour of the PHouse, a Berghoff
                                beer and dinner at RTRoom. Of course, we'd have to
                                discuss our Slovak heritage -- wouldn't want to veer
                                off-topic!

                                ;-P
                                Caye

                                http://mail.yahoo.com