Fw: Re: [Slovak-World] After Festival Party

  • William F Brna
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 3, 2005
      Caye,

      I dare you to wear it at the Festival and at the party after. You will
      probably find some of the older set who will think that it is very
      apropos. And it's pirohy to us purists.

      Bill Brna

      Oh, Helen, if you'd like to dare me to wear that
      Pierogi Festival Busia outfit I collected at your
      suggestions, I'll bring it and wear it to Bruce's
      event.

      May as well get some use out of it, and it's comfy.

      Unless everyone is already preparing Halushki, I'll
      make up a batch and freeze it -- then I can reheat it
      at Bruce's. Also a cool trick, instead of noodles,
      try pierogi [ok, pierohi for those of you east of the
      midwest] with the cabbage/onions -- pretty darn good
      eats.

      Caye

      http://www.lcb.state.pa.us/app/Retail/storeloc.asp?plcbNav=|32369|

      > You can't easily buy a six pack of beer in
      > Pennsylvania, beer is sold through "distributors" in
      > case lots. You can usually buy a six pack in a bar
      > at
      > a substantial mark up.
      >
      > Dr. "Q"
      >
      > --- Caye Caswick <ccaswick@...> wrote:
      >

      > > Thanks Q -- walking 1 mile is nothing to this city
      > > girl. Actually, neither is parking 30 miles out.
      > >
      > > Looking forward to seeing you all again next
      > month.
      > >

      > > Caye
      > >

      > > --- "Dr. Joe Q" <doctor_jq@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > > Forgive me for butting in:
      > > >
      > > > Bruce lives about 1 mile or so from the
      > > University.
      > > > We talked about having a get together last year
      > > > after
      > > > the festival. We have enough room to have it
      > > > including about 1/2 acre of yard, but we live
      > > nearly
      > > > 30 miles south of the University. So Bruce
      > > > suggested
      > > > his home.
      > > >
      > > > Dr. "Q"

      > the
      > > > Fest
      > --
      > > so
      > > > Oakland
      > > > cab
      > > the

      > > > People

      > > Saturday
      > > > night,
      > > are
      > > and
      > up
      > > > wants
      > > idea
      > > > of
      > arrangements
      > > > as

      > __________________________________
      > http://mail.yahoo.com

    • Caye Caswick
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 4, 2005
        Wow, I guess I'll just have to sit with you and make
        peeps think you have a Busia fettish -- never met a
        dare I couldn't handle.

        I may need someone to man my flyswatter while I
        eat/drink too, so being in your venue might just come
        in real 'handy' -- if you'll pardon the pun.

        ;-P
        Caye

        === message truncated ===

        __________________________________
        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • helene cincebeaux
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 4, 2005
          Hi Everyone - missed you all this summer -Slovakia was
          magnificent as usual! I found a whopping 2,700 plus
          Slovak World messages had accumulated while I was
          gone. Sounds like you have had lots to talk about!

          Wanted everyone to know you are invited to a Slovak
          World/Treasures Tours Gathering - Sat., Nov. 5, at
          6:00 PM, (THE NIGHT BEFORE THE SLOVAK FESTIVAL) at
          Bruce and Rose Cathleen Bagin’s, 5620 Forbes Ave.,
          Pittsburgh. It is near the University of Pittsburgh
          where the Slovak Festival will be held the next day
          (Sunday Nov. 6) from 12 noon to 5 pm. The Bagins are
          so wonderful to offer to host us!

          Pat Rabich has been researching hotel possibilities
          and came up the Comfort Inn and will be posting the
          info on Slovak World.

          If you can join us please bring your beverage and a
          dish to pass or a goodie - something to share. Let
          Helene know if you can come - will help us in planning
          - helenezx@... or 585.342.9383. I already have the
          list of possible attendees from a previous message.

          It’s wonderful that Julie Michutka is coming from
          Massachusetts, and Zuzka Durisek is hoping to come
          from Kentucky. Darinka Kohl is planning to come from
          Wisconsin, Helen Ruatti from California is hoping too
          - and lots of our PA and Ohio friends - should be fun!

          Directions to the Bagins: 5620 Forbes Avenue, take the
          Squirrel Hill exit. to Murrary avenue LEFT onto Murray
          (first traffic light) then straight to Forbes Avenue
          (about 5 or 6 traffic lights (Coldstone Creamery is on
          your right.)
          Turn Left at that intersection. as you get to the
          middle of the long block start looking for parking. If
          you are lost call 412.421.9388

          http://mail.yahoo.com