Re: Where people fall off cliffs

  • sandman6294
    Message 1 of 15 , Oct 3, 2005
      --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, Matchett <wmatchett@c...> wrote:

      > I once read of someone huffing and puffing up a trail in the Tatras
      and
      > having a group of Czechs run by him, one carrying a keg of beer.
      > Drinking doesn't help keep one steady. Julia M.

      There could be several explanations for this enigma. Perhaps the keg
      was a handicap for the fastest runner. A more likely solution to the
      enigma would be that the runners were a keg relay team for the express
      delivery of beer from the local brewery to a horska' chata. After all,
      nothing was said about the consumption of beer on the trail. ;-)

      RU
    • Scott T. Mikusko
      Message 2 of 15 , Oct 3, 2005
        On Mon, 3 Oct 2005, sandman6294 wrote:

        > --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, Matchett <wmatchett@c...> wrote:
        > >
        > > I once read of someone huffing and puffing up a trail in the Tatras
        > and
        > > having a group of Czechs run by him, one carrying a keg of beer.
        > > Drinking doesn't help keep one steady. Julia M.
        >
        > There could be several explanations for this enigma. Perhaps the keg
        > was a handicap for the fastest runner. A more likely solution to the
        > enigma would be that the runners were a keg relay team for the express
        > delivery of beer from the local brewery to a horska' chata. After all,
        > nothing was said about the consumption of beer on the trail. ;-)

        The Pony Keg Express?

        ARGH!!! To boli ma! :)

        -S
      • sandman6294
        Message 3 of 15 , Oct 3, 2005
          --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "Scott T. Mikusko"
          <guerilla@s...> wrote:
          > On Mon, 3 Oct 2005, sandman6294 wrote:
          >
          > > --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, Matchett <wmatchett@c...>
          wrote:

          > > > I once read of someone huffing and puffing up a trail in the
          Tatras
          > > and
          > > > having a group of Czechs run by him, one carrying a keg of beer.
          > > > Drinking doesn't help keep one steady. Julia M.
          > >
          > > There could be several explanations for this enigma. Perhaps the
          keg
          > > was a handicap for the fastest runner. A more likely solution to
          the
          > > enigma would be that the runners were a keg relay team for the
          express
          > > delivery of beer from the local brewery to a horska' chata.
          After all,
          > > nothing was said about the consumption of beer on the trail. ;-)
          > >

          > The Pony Keg Express?
          >
          > ARGH!!! To boli ma! :)
          >
          > -S

          On the other hand, perhaps it would behoove us as good citizens to
          notify the locals:

          "Police Search For Pony Keg Robbers
          WCPO.com is 9News, Cincinnati news"

          RU
        • Andrea Vangor
          Message 4 of 15 , Oct 3, 2005
            Some people know just enough to get themselves killed, like the half-dozen or so who die on our local volcanos every year. I remember seeing a television show years and years ago, perhaps in the mid-80's. It was about people in then-Czechoslovakia using the hiking trails in the Tatry. You saw this endless line of people in regular clothes, ladies in dresses and so on, strolling sedately on the paths.
            Message 5 of 15 , Oct 3, 2005
              --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "Andrea Vangor" <drav@o...>
              wrote:
              > ......It was about people in then-Czechoslovakia using the hiking
              trails in the Tatry. You saw this endless line of people in regular
              clothes, ladies in dresses and so on, strolling sedately on the paths.

              You can find that type of trail in our parks also but of course the
              folks are in more casual clothing. The following is an excerpt from:

              http://www.vysoketatry.org/guide/

              "Experienced visitors in good condition may wish to attempt the more
              demanding peaks, or a more direct approach to peaks which are
              accessible by standard footpaths.

              Badge-carrying, certified mountain guides are required for these
              exacting and rewarding experiences."

              There is also a link to hiking maps for the Tatras at this website.

              RU