Sending Plain Text to List

  • Armata, Joseph R. (JArmata)
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 19, 2005
      Remember - email sent to this list (and most other lists too) must be
      sent in straight / plain text format.

      Many email packages today send email in HTML format instead (which
      lets you add things like underline, bold, colored fonts, embedded
      pictures). You have to find out how to make your email package send
      its email in straight/plain text format instead of HTML format.

      Joe

    • sandman6294
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 19, 2005
        --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "Armata, Joseph R. (JArmata)"
        <JArmata@g...> wrote:

        > Remember - email sent to this list (and most other lists too) must
        be
        > sent in straight / plain text format.
        >
        > Many email packages today send email in HTML format instead (which
        > lets you add things like underline, bold, colored fonts, embedded
        > pictures). You have to find out how to make your email package send
        > its email in straight/plain text format instead of HTML format.
        >
        > Joe

        Joe,

        I'm not certain which e-mail program she's using. The URL I posted
        with information on how to send in plain text had information on why
        plain text messaging was preferable and information on how to send in
        plain text for several e-mail programs including:

        http://www.expita.com/nomime.html

        Turning Off HTML or MIME
        There are now a variety of HTML/MIME programs, including but not
        limited to:

        Agent/Free Agent
        AOL 5.0 and earlier
        AOL 6.0
        AOL 7.0
        AOL 8.0
        AOL 9.0
        AOL 6.0, 7.0, 8.0 Alternate
        CompuServe 2, 3 and 4
        CompuServe 2000
        Earthlink 5.0
        Entourage 2001 (MacIntosh)
        Entourage X (MacIntosh)
        Eudora Light v3.0.5 and earlier
        Eudora Light v3.0.6
        Eudora Pro v4.0.2 and earlier
        Eudora Pro v4.2 and later
        Eudora v5.0
        Hotmail
        IncrediMail Xe REVISED
        Juno v5.0
        Lotus Notes R5
        Mac OS X Mail
        MS Internet Explorer 4.0, 5.0, 5.50 and 6.0
        MSN Explorer 6.0
        MSN Explorer 7.0
        MSN 8.0
        MS Exchange 4.0 and other MS problems
        WINMAIL.DAT (TNEF) attachments
        Equal signs at end of lines
        ISO 8859-1 or other character sets
        MS Exchange Server 5.0
        Mozilla 1.1
        Mozilla Thunderbird 0.5 NEW
        Netscape Communicator 3.xx
        Netscape Communicator 4.0x - 4.4x
        Netscape Communicator 4.5, 4.6, 4.7
        Netscape Communicator 6.0 - 6.1
        Netscape Communicator 6.2
        Netscape Communicator 7.0 (PR1 & Final) REVISED
        Netscape Communicator 7.1
        Novell Groupwise
        Outlook 2000
        Outlook 2002
        Outlook Express 4.0
        Outlook Express 5.0, 5.50 and 6.00
        Outlook 97 (without Service Release 1 SR1)
        Outlook 97 (with Service Release 1 SR1)
        Outlook 98 (Work group version)
        Outlook 98 (Internet version)
        Pegasus Mail 3.x
        Pegasus Mail 4.x
        Pine 4.x (Unix)
        Pine 4.x (Windows)
        Poco 2.xx
        TheBat! v1.18
        WebTV
        Yahoo Mail

        You do have to scroll through the page, which I admit is a bit
        lengthy.

        RU
      • Armata, Joseph R. (JArmata)