Re: [Slovak-World] Task for advice ( after 100 year )

  • Andrea Vangor
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 14, 2005
      Dear Mario,

      I found your relative in the 1920 federal census, for a good beginning. I will send you the web page and hope you can open it, if you can send me an e-mail address. It looks like John Nadasky is working as a laborer in a steam railroad shop. He is 35, living in Greenville, Pennsylvania. There should be a year of immigration but it is missing. He is married to a woman named, I think, Christina. She is 35, probably Slovak too; they both are identified as Slavish from Austria. It's a generic term for Slav that was often used to mean Slovak. They have a son named Sylvester, aged 6, born in Pennsylvania. So it would appear that about the time John Nadasky broke off contact with your family, two years after leaving Slovakia in 1912, this boy was born. There is a Joseph Nadasky living in Pennsylvania too. I'll look at a couple of other spots tonight.

      Best regards, Andrea
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 14, 2005
        Another couple of finds for Mario -- and a plot thickener very familiar to us amateur genealogists. There is a Sylvester Nadasky who died in Youngstown Ohio in 1990. He was married, born in Pennsylvania, date of birth given as December 1912. Well, I'd bet that this is the son of John Nadasky even though the dates his birth don't agree. It might be possible to nail that down in PA birth records. Social Security findings the same. HIs last residence was Youngstown, Mahoning County, Ohio. The SS was issued in Ohio before 1951. So if Sylvester was living in Ohio before 1951 his marriage record should be there with the names of his parents. It's also possible to find obituary notices in the local newspaper, which tell you who the next of kin are. List members will have other suggestions for you.

        __________________________________
        http://mail.yahoo.com

        Slovakia flower Slovakia travel Slovakia flag

      • sandman6294
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 14, 2005
          --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, mario veneni
          <nemosineculpa@y...> wrote:

          > Dear all,
          >
          > since 1 year I try to find some info about my relative
          > Jan ( Janos ) Nadasky , who left Slovakia ( Austria -
          > Hungaria ) in year 1912. He lived and worked in DuBois
          > and Bitumen city, PA and after 2 years our familly
          > lost any contact.> MArio Veneni
          > Trnava
          > Slovakia

          Dear Mario,

          I found a Janos Nadaszki, Slovak, 32 years old, married arriving in
          New York from Bremen on June 4, 1912. I believe his wife's name was
          Agnes. He was from Nagybresztovany (now Brestovany,SK), Hungary and
          going to a cousin in Dubois. Pennsylvania. I can send you the
          manifest pages if you wish.

          RU