Re: To cheer us all up

  • sandman6294
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 4, 2005
      --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "andreialexiev" <Andrei424@h...>
      wrote:
      > -Thanks,Andrea.There must be something to that, because as a child,I
      often drifted off to sleep listening to Beethoven,Mendelsohn, or some
      other classical music.<

      Works for me too. The Met,which has been broadcasting for 75 years, and
      the Longines Symphonette has been around about that long were sure bets
      for a good winter nap back in the early 40's. Too much to do outside
      during the summer. I think Longines came on on Sunday evenings and
      Texaco sponsored Saturday afternoon Metropolitan Opera performances.

      RU