To cheer us all up

  • Andrea Vangor
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 3 12:03 PM
      This photo was published in my local newspaper (the Life weekly magazine supplement). It's an experimental program in Kos~ice.

      http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/08/0812_050812_babymusic.html

    • andreialexiev
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 3 3:41 PM
        -Thanks,Andrea.There must be something to that, because as a child,I
        often drifted off to sleep listening to Beethoven,Mendelsohn, or some
        other classical music, my late mother loved classical music.I aquired
        my love of Gypsy music from my late father, who grew up in Ukraine not
        far from the Romanian bordere.I later discovered Hungarian Gypsy music
        and was thrilled to discover Slovak music, something similar, but in a
        language I could alreay half understand! Fr. Andrei-- In Slovak-

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 3 3:49 PM
          As a fellow lover of Gypsy music, do you have the CD Bas~av Mange, Bas~av by S~aris~an? I can't stop playing it.
          -Thanks,Andrea.There must be something to that, because as a child,I
          often drifted off to sleep listening to Beethoven,Mendelsohn, or some
          other classical music, my late mother loved classical music.I aquired
          my love of Gypsy music from my late father, who grew up in Ukraine not
          far from the Romanian bordere.I later discovered Hungarian Gypsy music
          and was thrilled to discover Slovak music, something similar, but in a
          language I could alreay half understand! Fr. Andrei-- In Slovak-
          World@yahoogroups.com, "Andrea Vangor" <drav@o...> wrote:
          > This photo was published in my local newspaper (the Life weekly
          magazine supplement). It's an experimental program in Kos~ice.

          http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/08/0812_050812_babymusic.h
          tml

        • sandman6294
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 4 3:07 PM
            --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "andreialexiev" <Andrei424@h...>
            wrote:
            > -Thanks,Andrea.There must be something to that, because as a child,I
            often drifted off to sleep listening to Beethoven,Mendelsohn, or some
            other classical music.<

            Works for me too. The Met,which has been broadcasting for 75 years, and
            the Longines Symphonette has been around about that long were sure bets
            for a good winter nap back in the early 40's. Too much to do outside
            during the summer. I think Longines came on on Sunday evenings and
            Texaco sponsored Saturday afternoon Metropolitan Opera performances.

            RU