Re: [Slovak-World] Fw: Povina (Kysuce)

  • DIANE PERKINS
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 25, 2005
      Drahy Jan,
      May I compliment you on your English? It is pretty
      good. I believe you are offering to help me for $.
      I am indeed looking for someone to do some research
      but I think because of my family's history I will need
      a professional genealogist. It is a very complex story
      and involves trying to solve a family secret which was
      rooted in something that happened (in the USA)to my gf
      over 86 years ago and which led to his death 76 years
      ago. I do have a letter from the archives in Byt*a
      giving me what they think is my grandfather's family
      but even they question what showed up in the records.
      So you see this search will be complicated and I need
      someone whose experience will keep the time down to a
      minimum, for I am retired and living on a fixed
      income. Also I am aware that the records needing to
      be searched may include the Hungarian language and an
      older Slovak version of the Slovak language.
      My grandfather was born in Povina to Andrej Fojtik
      and Anna Vojas. According to the archives he did have
      siblings. One brother Michael came to the US with my
      grandfather Stefan. Both Michael and Stefan died in
      the USA. Michael died without marrying and had no
      children.
      As to the other siblings I do not know who they
      married but I believe it is possible that there would
      be cousins
      alive in the area of Povina or Kiys Nove Mesta. We
      found an address in grandmother's notes which listed
      the name of a woman whose address was "Kiys Nove
      Mesta". Is "Kiys Nove Mesta" the same as "Kysucke N.
      Mesto?"

      It was kind of you to reply and I wish you God's
      blessings.
      Diane