Re: [Slovak-World] Re: Fwd: O/T : Sad News (but Funny)

  • Gil Kubancsek
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 22, 2005
      Several years ago while on a business trip to Korea a colleague and I were standing in front of the KFC restaurant in Itaewon. Much to my surprise many Koreans passing by would stop, point fingers at us and laugh. When I stepped forward to see what was causing the locals to laugh I realized we were standing in front of a life size statue of Colonel Sanders. From the position of the passersby my friend looked to be a twin brother of the Colonel, except for the Colonel's white suit. Same build, same white hair, same goatee and same smile.

      I wish I had had a camera; I missed a wonderful photo op!

      Gil

      Carol <cnovotni@...> wrote:
      Two years ago in late September a friend and I went to Hilton Head. On our
      way down I-75 we stopped for lunch there. The original restaurant has become
      a museum to KFC and the Colonel. Attached to it is a modern KFC. There's a
      life-sized statue of the Colonel seated on a park bench. My friend has made
      it a practice to be photographed with all sorts of statues and she didn't
      pass up the chance that time either. So here is one slovenska-americanka who
      followed in your footsteps, Greg. :))
      Carol