quick question

  • Gerald J. Sabo
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 8 12:51 PM
      I am translating something into Slovak for someone for his
      family in Chlebnice (Orava area I believe). I am interested
      in the declension of this town: is it in plural form as I
      suspect, and is it declined so that the dative form would
      be "ChlebnicIam" and the Locative form would
      be "ChlebnicIach" or is there no need for the "I/i" in those
      endings?
      Thanks for your help--Jerry Sabo.
    • Martin Votruba
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 8 4:15 PM
        > is it in plural form as I suspect, and is it declined
        > so that the dative form would be "ChlebnicIam" and the
        > Locative form would be "ChlebnicIach"

        Yes to all, Jerry.

        Martin

        votruba "at" pitt "dot" edu