Re: [Slovak-World] Marriage or birth records for Westmoreland Co., Penna

  • JHROMADIK@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 3, 2005
      In a message dated 7/30/2005 5:49:12 PM Eastern Standard Time,
      cmichlik@... writes:
      Could anyone suggest how I might find marriage records or birth records
      for Westmoreland Co., Penna. I did write to the county courthouse in
      Greensburg but they were unable to find any records. Does anyone have
      a address for the catholic diocese that would include Western
      Westmoreland Co., Penna. Perhaps they may have marriage or baptism
      records for my relatives.
      Since January 1906 vital records have been kept at the division of vital
      records. The address is:
      Division of Vital Records
      State Department of Health
      Central Building
      101 Mercer Street
      P.O. Box 1528
      New Castle, PA 16103

      It has been several years since I ordered records, but the last time I did
      the fee for a birth record was $4.00. Check or money orders should be made
      payable to Division of Vital Records. Personal checks are accepted. To verify
      current fees, the telephone number is (412) 656-3100. Some area codes in
      Western PA were changed a few years ago so you might want to check it out.

      The publication that I have states, "For earlier records, write to Register
      of Wills, Orphans Court, in county seat of county where event occurred."

      For marriage records they indicate to make application to the Marriage
      License Clerks, County Court House, in county where license was issued.
      John Hromadik

    • Robert Mizikar
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 15, 2005
        Some marriage records for Westmoreland County in western PA are available
        online --use the Free Public Search e-services section of the Westmoreland
        County website:

        Type the following before the link below: http://www

        .co.westmoreland.pa.us/westmoreland/cwp/view.asp?a=1487&q=611614&westmorelan
        dNav=%7C

        The Diocese of Greensburg in western PA also has a website at:
        www.dioceseofgreensburg.org
        In the Parish Life section -- Our Parishes, you can obtain more information
        on the 101 parishes in the four counties of western PA that the diocese
        serves. Some parishes have their own websites.

        I am a volunteer for the Cemetery Board for the St. Florian Parish in
        United, PA and its partner parish St. Stanislaus Parish in Calumet, PA
        (formerly of Mammoth, PA). All records for these two churches are held at
        the St. Florian Church. The St. Florian Website is: www.saintflorian.org
        Cemetery information and contacts are listed under Ministries. We also have
        databases of information on people buried in each of the cemeteries.

        Mammoth, PA was the site of the Mammoth Mine Disaster where 107 miners (many
        of them immigrants from Eastern Europe) were killed on Jan. 27, 1891.

        Juanita Mizikar

        cmichlik@... writes:
[...]

        ---
        [This E-mail scanned by Citizens Internet Services with Declude Virus.]

        ---
        [This E-mail scanned by Citizens Internet Services with Declude Virus.]