Re: News Story: Skoda named most reliable European Car

  • raybravo2000
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 2, 2005
      Ferdinand Poresche was friendly with the chief designer at Tatra
      and admitted that he did steal some the design of the Tatra for
      the VW. There was a lawsuit which was filed before the war and
      finally settled in favor of Tatra in the 1960's.

      http://www.tatra.demon.nl/cars_history_T97.htm

      The real irony of Skoda is that while the French and British sold
      out Czechoslovakia one third of the tanks that were used to
      invade France were Skoda designs. The Germans knew the
      Skoda tanks were better than their tanks at that time.

      Colin

      --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "amiak27" <rmat@p...>
      wrote:
      > Yea, it is ironic that VW was the original naziwaggon and it has
      > done so well. Even the Ruskies refused to take the factory as
      war
      > reparations. Come to think of it, there are accusations that
      Porche
      > stole the Tatra design and applied it to the Beetle.
      >
      > It was quite a shock to see that even German magazines pan
      their own
      > cars. That was one of the most chauvenistic features of
      Germans
      > before - their cars were always rated higly, the "Japser" were
      > scorned by the magazines, if not the public, and the American
      cars
      > were not worth a mention. One time Mercedes came out with a
      new,
      > bery big car with one big mistake - the suspension was poorly
      > designed and this big limo was only rated to carry three people
      &
      > baggage and a full tank fo gas cut into the carrying capacity.
      The
      > German auto magazines wrote it up as "na, tja, eveyone
      makes a small
      > mistake now and then". Times have changed. Once VW
      acquired Skoda