Re: [Slovak-World] maiden name vs. married name

    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2005
      Anna Fojtik r. Lahutik

      She was born Anna Lahutik and married Mr. Fojtik.

      "Ocsko" could be a family nickname. If there were a number of Fojtik families in the village this would have distinguished that particular family. It could have been his mother's maiden name used that way too.

      >>> nv_cracker@... 07/31/05 5:45 PM >>>
      Helen, thank you. Now just for clarification,
      would Lahutek be the married surname and Fojtik the
      maiden name? And do you have any thoughts on the
      appearance of "Oscko" in some of the records? Do you
      get a sense that the Andrej Fojtik Ocsko and Andrej
      Fojtik are one and the same? Thank you so much again!
      Diane