Marriage or birth records for Westmoreland Co., Penna

  • Charles Michlik
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 30, 2005
      Could anyone suggest how I might find marriage records or birth records
      for Westmoreland Co., Penna. I did write to the county courthouse in
      Greensburg but they were unable to find any records. Does anyone have
      a address for the catholic diocese that would include Western
      Westmoreland Co., Penna. Perhaps they may have marriage or baptism
      records for my relatives.

      My gran aunt, Katarine Michlik, arrived at Ellis Island on 4 Feb. 1903
      with her final destination of Port Royal, Pa. Shortly afterward, she
      married Jozsef Koval and had 2 children-- Janos around 1906 and Jozsef
      around 1905. In 1906 the family lived in Blackburn, Pa. (now called
      Lowber) and lived in Gracetown, Pa. in 1909. Sometime later they
      returned to Slovakia to the village of Spisska Teplica (just West of
      Poprad).
    • AltoClar@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 30, 2005
      • Andy Matta
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 30, 2005
          Check this site for marriage and prooerty records in Westmoreland County

          http://westmorelandweb400.us:8088/EGSPublicAccess.htm

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 3, 2005
            In a message dated 7/30/2005 5:49:12 PM Eastern Standard Time,
            cmichlik@... writes:
            Could anyone suggest how I might find marriage records or birth records
            for Westmoreland Co., Penna. I did write to the county courthouse in
            Greensburg but they were unable to find any records. Does anyone have
            a address for the catholic diocese that would include Western
            Westmoreland Co., Penna. Perhaps they may have marriage or baptism
            records for my relatives.
            Since January 1906 vital records have been kept at the division of vital
            records. The address is:
            Division of Vital Records
            State Department of Health
            Central Building
            101 Mercer Street
            P.O. Box 1528
            New Castle, PA 16103

            It has been several years since I ordered records, but the last time I did
            the fee for a birth record was $4.00. Check or money orders should be made
            payable to Division of Vital Records. Personal checks are accepted. To verify
            current fees, the telephone number is (412) 656-3100. Some area codes in
            Western PA were changed a few years ago so you might want to check it out.

            The publication that I have states, "For earlier records, write to Register
            of Wills, Orphans Court, in county seat of county where event occurred."

            For marriage records they indicate to make application to the Marriage
            License Clerks, County Court House, in county where license was issued.
            John Hromadik

          • Robert Mizikar
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 15, 2005
              Some marriage records for Westmoreland County in western PA are available
              online --use the Free Public Search e-services section of the Westmoreland
              County website:

              Type the following before the link below: http://www

              .co.westmoreland.pa.us/westmoreland/cwp/view.asp?a=1487&q=611614&westmorelan
              dNav=%7C

              The Diocese of Greensburg in western PA also has a website at:
              www.dioceseofgreensburg.org
              In the Parish Life section -- Our Parishes, you can obtain more information
              on the 101 parishes in the four counties of western PA that the diocese
              serves. Some parishes have their own websites.

              I am a volunteer for the Cemetery Board for the St. Florian Parish in
              United, PA and its partner parish St. Stanislaus Parish in Calumet, PA
              (formerly of Mammoth, PA). All records for these two churches are held at
              the St. Florian Church. The St. Florian Website is: www.saintflorian.org
              Cemetery information and contacts are listed under Ministries. We also have
              databases of information on people buried in each of the cemeteries.

              Mammoth, PA was the site of the Mammoth Mine Disaster where 107 miners (many
              of them immigrants from Eastern Europe) were killed on Jan. 27, 1891.

              Juanita Mizikar

              cmichlik@... writes:
[...]

              ---
              [This E-mail scanned by Citizens Internet Services with Declude Virus.]

              ---
              [This E-mail scanned by Citizens Internet Services with Declude Virus.]