Re: [Slovak-World] Non Slovak sort of

  • Nick Holcz
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 18, 2005
      At 11:26 PM 18/07/2005, you wrote:

      >Hi: Especially to you Slovak Australian members. Just how much coal mining
      >goes on in Australia? I think it's more then we Americans realize. How
      >long has coal mining been done in your country?
      >Miner Dave

      I don't have any figures but coal is mined in a big way in Western
      Australia at Collie and in Victoria there are big deposits of brown coal
      that are mined and used for power generation also big mines in New South
      Wales and Queensland.

      have a look at this site for
      information. http://www.australiancoal.com.au/overview.htm

      Nick