Re: [Slovak-World] Death of minister of Chicago Slovak Church

  • Lil M. Junas
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2005
      We heard this sad news yesterday since Rev. Harris was a pastor at Ss.
      Peter and Paul's Slovak Lutheran Church in my hometown of Hazleton, Pa.
      (Not New Jersey) as the newspaper story says. It was a front page story
      in our paper this morning.
      There are two Slovak Lutheran churches here in Hazleton. This one is
      affiliated wth the ECLA (formerly LCA) and the other (St. John's) is
      affiliated with the Missouri Synod.
      Ss. Peter and Paul's will have a memorial service Sunday.
      Lil

      > Pastor Ivon Harris, the Slovak-speaking minister of Trinity Lutheran
      > Church
      > (formerly Trinity Slovak Lutheran Church) in Chicago, was killed on
      > Wednesday. Here's a newspaper article about how he learned Slovak so that
      > he
      > could minister to congregations of people of Slovak heritage:
      >
      > http://www.dailyherald.com/story.asp?id=68789
      >
      > Anabeth
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • sandman6294
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 1, 2005
        --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "Dollins" <axd2@p...> wrote:
        > Pastor Ivon Harris, the Slovak-speaking minister of Trinity Lutheran
        Church
        > (formerly Trinity Slovak Lutheran Church) in Chicago, was killed on
        > Wednesday. Here's a newspaper article about how he learned Slovak so
        that he
        > could minister to congregations of people of Slovak heritage:
        >
        > http://www.dailyherald.com/story.asp?id=68789
        >
        > Anabeth

        Further details and photographs at:

        http://www.dailyherald.com/search/searchstory.asp?id=68863