Re: [S-R] Gap in RC church records

  • Bill
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 25, 2005
      Bill,
      Congratulations, you are very lucky! I have spoken with dozens of
      researchers whom all have gotten to the church to be told "sorry,
      there are no old records here." What you bring to the table is,
      "never say never." It never hurts to ask. It's just going to be
      difficult, especially for the 90% of the readers who will never have
      the opportunity to travel to Slovakia or hire someone on their behalf.

      What church and village did this apply to? Do you know if any other
      nearby churches hold their books? Did they hold just this one volume
      or a complete set? If you care not to disclose it publically, I'd
      love to correspond privately about it.

      Thanks for pointing this out.
      Bill Tarkulich