Re: [Slovak-World] Pierogi Fest in the Midwest

    Message 1 of 47 , Jun 8, 2005
      Oh, and don't forget to wear a dark-colored, partially buttoned sweater over your house dress in case it gets chilly or there's, God forbid, a draft where you're sitting.

      O.k., now I'll shut up,

      >>> ccaswick@... 06/08/05 10:44 AM >>>

      Helen: I'm laughing so hard right now -- you are
      killin me! I'm gonna garage sale from now till the
      end of July -- getting me a house dress and some old
      keds -- and gonna stalk me a Babushka -- bandana just
      ain't the same! Rubberbands to hold up the sox,
      right? I think I'll see if any one from church wants
      to come along -- the people watching alone is worth
      getting stuck in traffic on I-80 for!!! I'm shocked
      that the dunk tank is not painted to look like a
      tub-o-sour cream!!!!

      Caye

      --- Helen Fedor <hfed@...> wrote:

      > I'll definitely keep this in mind. I wanna be part
      > of the Babushka Brigade (I even have my mom's
      > "tibetka" (a couple, actually), which I assume comes
      > from the word "Tibet", where the challis for the
      > scarves originally came from, no doubt).
      >
      > When I was in HS, kids from my neighborhood (the
      > East Side) used to make jokes about the neighborhood
      > to the south of us (Hegewisch), where a lot of Poles
      > lived (lotsa Polish kids in my HS). We used to joke
      > that the name of the motorcycle gang in Hegewisch
      > was "Hell's Babushkas".

      > I'd make a really silly Ms. Sauerkraut -- that's who
      > wanna be!!!
      >
      > Cool, if you indeed do, let me know, I'd love to
      > meet
      > you Helen.
      >

      > Caye
      >

      > --- Helen Fedor <hfed@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Caye,
      > > This is wonderful! I spent half my childhood
      > > visiting family friends in Whiting (we also had
      > our
      > > wedding reception there, at St. John's on 119th
      > and
      > > Indianapolis Blvd.). I'll definitely bookmark
      > this
      > > site. Maybe I can work in a visit next year.

      > > You guys, this is the cutest lil webpage -- I've
      > > actually never gone myself, but I just might some
      > > day
      > > soon, looks like a hoot!
      > >

      > > http://www.pierogifest.net/index.html
      > >

      > > Caye

      > to:
      > Yahoo!
      > > Terms of Service.

      > Terms of Service.

    • Caye Caswick
      Message 47 of 47 , Jun 15, 2005
        This is too much fun -- the boyjika are probably so
        jealousova!!!

        I won't forget the obituary, I know it's a must have
        in the accessory arena.

        Caye

        http://mail.yahoo.com