Re: [Slovak-World] Does anyone in Australia know about this?

  • Nick Holcz
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 5, 2005
      At 03:47 AM 6/06/2005, you wrote:
      > Larissa Brdar

      I had never heard of her, but I looked on the net found her death notice
      and as her grandmother is Croatian I would presume that is her origin also.

      Nick
    • Amanda Lovitt
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 6, 2005
        Hi

        Fred Kovalyak asked me the same question.

        I checked the National Archives website - which is www.naa.gov.au (click
        'record search' then 'guest' to gain access).

        Most of the records for the surname of this girl are listed as
        Yugoslav/Yugoslavian.

        I would suggest that anybody with Slovak/Eastern European connections put
        their names through this site - there were thousands of refugees who came
        here after WW2 who could "belong" to you!

        Amanda Lovitt
        Boulder Western Australia