Re: [Slovak-World] Does anyone in Australia know about this?

  • Caye Caswick
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 5, 2005
      The only thing listed in her obituary is the word
      Croatian -- although the name could be Slovak, in any
      event, a very sad end to a beautiful life.

      May her memory be eternal.

      Caye

      _http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,15510428%255E661,00

      (http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,15510428%5E661,00.html)

      > removed]

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Nick Holcz
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 5, 2005
        At 03:47 AM 6/06/2005, you wrote:
        > Larissa Brdar

        I had never heard of her, but I looked on the net found her death notice
        and as her grandmother is Croatian I would presume that is her origin also.

        Nick
      • Amanda Lovitt
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 6, 2005
          Hi

          Fred Kovalyak asked me the same question.

          I checked the National Archives website - which is www.naa.gov.au (click
          'record search' then 'guest' to gain access).

          Most of the records for the surname of this girl are listed as
          Yugoslav/Yugoslavian.

          I would suggest that anybody with Slovak/Eastern European connections put
          their names through this site - there were thousands of refugees who came
          here after WW2 who could "belong" to you!

          Amanda Lovitt
          Boulder Western Australia