Does anyone in Australia know about this?

  • BJLK@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 5, 2005
      I just read the tragic story about fashion model Larissa Brdar and her
      apparent suicide in Australia, and wondered if she might be of Slovak heritage.

      The full story is here:

      _http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,15510428%255E661,00
      .html_
      (http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,15510428%5E661,00.html)

    • Caye Caswick
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 5, 2005
        The only thing listed in her obituary is the word
        Croatian -- although the name could be Slovak, in any
        event, a very sad end to a beautiful life.

        May her memory be eternal.

        Caye

        --- BJLK@... wrote:

        > I just read the tragic story about fashion model
        > Larissa Brdar and her
        > apparent suicide in Australia, and wondered if she
        > might be of Slovak heritage.
        >
        > The full story is here:

        _http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,15510428%255E661,00
        > .html_

        (http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,15510428%5E661,00.html)

        > removed]

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Nick Holcz
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 5, 2005
          At 03:47 AM 6/06/2005, you wrote:
          > Larissa Brdar

          I had never heard of her, but I looked on the net found her death notice
          and as her grandmother is Croatian I would presume that is her origin also.

          Nick
        • Amanda Lovitt
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 6, 2005
            Hi

            Fred Kovalyak asked me the same question.

            I checked the National Archives website - which is www.naa.gov.au (click
            'record search' then 'guest' to gain access).

            Most of the records for the surname of this girl are listed as
            Yugoslav/Yugoslavian.

            I would suggest that anybody with Slovak/Eastern European connections put
            their names through this site - there were thousands of refugees who came
            here after WW2 who could "belong" to you!

            Amanda Lovitt
            Boulder Western Australia