Re: [Slovak-World] Slovak documentary on WQED

  • slocrobear
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 3 8:50 AM
      This was on WQED in Pittsburgh along with another program called
      CROATIAN ROOTS in conjunction with the 49th Annual PITTSBURGH FOLK
      FESTIVAL which was last weekend.

      The Slovak booth was wonderful as was the Slovak kitchen - great
      chicken paprikash and the dancing was WONDERFUL as they depicted the
      customs surrounding St. Lucia's Day on Dec.13.

      Rudy & Sue Ondreco, et al, always do a wonderful job!

      I can't wait to see what they do for the 50th anniversary of the
      Pittsburgh Folk Festival next year!

      --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, Caye Caswick <ccaswick@y...>

      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 3 10:26 AM
        Next year, let us know about the festival beforehand so we can put out the info in the Wash, DC area. I suspect a few folks might be interested (I know I would).

        Helen

        >>> cahek@... 06/03/05 11:50 AM >>>

        wrote:

        > Hey, I checked my PBS listings, and they aren't
        > showing it here in Chicago -- RATS -- but if one of
        > you would happen to be able to tape it for me -- I'd
        > be willing to send you a little something-something
        > nice for your time and trouble. This sounds like
        > something I'd really enjoy.
        >

        > Caye
        >

        > --- Gregory J Kopchak <greg@i...> wrote:
        > > I've heard lots of great things about the special.
        > >
        > > If you can get WQED be sure to watch.
        > >
        > > I've met Susan several times.
        > >
        > > Greg Kopchak
        > > It's All Relative

      • slocrobear
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 3 11:33 AM
          Ahoj Helenka!

          The Pittsburgh Folk Festival is held every Memorial Day weekend in
          the David L. Lawrence Convention Center in Pittsburgh (across the
          street from the Heinz Pittsburgh Life Museum). The doors open Friday
          evening and it runs Saturday & Sunday.

          There are 20+ groups that participate with cultural displays, food
          booths and performing groups. There is also an international
          marketplace. The SLOVAK FOLKCRAFTS store represented Slovakia this
          year. I know that they ran out of space for the vendors.

          Next year, they hope to move the Festival up-stairs to the big room
          where the skylites are and the magnificent view of the skyline of
          Pittsburgh!

          This year, the finale of the performances was a swing number that was
          choreographed by David Vinski. It featured the song IN THE MOOD and
          had one couple in traditional costume from each ethnic group and it
          was GREAT!

          I'll remind everyone again next year...

          marko

          Service.
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 3 11:45 AM
            D'akujem, Marko.

            >>> cahek@... 06/03/05 2:33 PM >>>
            Ahoj Helenka!

            The Pittsburgh Folk Festival is held every Memorial Day weekend in
            the David L. Lawrence Convention Center in Pittsburgh (across the
            street from the Heinz Pittsburgh Life Museum). The doors open Friday
            evening and it runs Saturday & Sunday.

            There are 20+ groups that participate with cultural displays, food
            booths and performing groups. There is also an international
            marketplace. The SLOVAK FOLKCRAFTS store represented Slovakia this
            year. I know that they ran out of space for the vendors.

            Next year, they hope to move the Festival up-stairs to the big room
            where the skylites are and the magnificent view of the skyline of
            Pittsburgh!

            This year, the finale of the performances was a swing number that was
            choreographed by David Vinski. It featured the song IN THE MOOD and
            had one couple in traditional costume from each ethnic group and it
            was GREAT!

            I'll remind everyone again next year...

            marko

            --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "Helen Fedor" <hfed@l...> wrote:
            > Next year, let us know about the festival beforehand so we can put
            out the info in the Wash, DC area. I suspect a few folks might be
            interested (I know I would).

            > Helen

            > This was on WQED in Pittsburgh along with another program called
            > CROATIAN ROOTS in conjunction with the 49th Annual PITTSBURGH FOLK
            > FESTIVAL which was last weekend.
            >
            > The Slovak booth was wonderful as was the Slovak kitchen - great
            > chicken paprikash and the dancing was WONDERFUL as they depicted
            the
            > customs surrounding St. Lucia's Day on Dec.13.
            >
            > Rudy & Sue Ondreco, et al, always do a wonderful job!
            >
            > I can't wait to see what they do for the 50th anniversary of the
            > Pittsburgh Folk Festival next year!
            >
            > --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, Caye Caswick <ccaswick@y...>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > Hey, I checked my PBS listings, and they aren't
            > > showing it here in Chicago -- RATS -- but if one of
            > > you would happen to be able to tape it for me -- I'd
            > > be willing to send you a little something-something
            > > nice for your time and trouble. This sounds like
            > > something I'd really enjoy.
            > >

            > > Caye
            > >

            > > --- Gregory J Kopchak <greg@i...> wrote:
            > > > I've heard lots of great things about the special.
            > > >
            > > > If you can get WQED be sure to watch.
            > > >
            > > > I've met Susan several times.
            > > >
            > > > Greg Kopchak
            > > > It's All Relative