Met Sister Josifa (Helena Simova) from Circ in Rome

  • Fred G Kovalyak
    Message 1 of 11 , May 15, 2005
      Hello, Just arrived in Taromina.Sicily. Met Sister
      Josifa last Thur. Took a few pictures thhat I will
      share with u when I return next week.
      She is from the same village (Circ) as my
      Grandparents.

      FG Kovalyak

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • AltoClar@aol.com
      Message 2 of 11 , May 15, 2005
        In a message dated 5/15/2005 1:07:10 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
        fkovalyak@... writes:

        Hello, Just arrived in Taromina.Sicily. Met Sister Josifa last Thur. Took a
        few pictures thhat I will share with u when I return next week. She is from
        the same village (Circ) as my Grandparents.
        FG Kovalyak
        HI!!! UPON YOUR RETURN, WOULD LOVE TO GET MORE INFORMATION FROM YOU. MY
        FAMILY NAME IS SIMA -- GRANDPARENTS WERE FROM CIRC!!! SUSAN

      • Vladimir Linder
        Message 3 of 11 , May 15, 2005
          Make sure you visit the old Greek town carved out of stone Syracusas.

          Vladi

          At 11:16 AM 15/05/2005, you wrote:
          >In a message dated 5/15/2005 1:07:10 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
          >fkovalyak@... writes:
          >
          >Hello, Just arrived in Taromina.Sicily. Met Sister Josifa last Thur. Took a
          >few pictures thhat I will share with u when I return next week. She
          >is from
          >the same village (Circ) as my Grandparents.
          >FG Kovalyak
          >HI!!! UPON YOUR RETURN, WOULD LOVE TO GET MORE INFORMATION FROM YOU. MY
          >FAMILY NAME IS SIMA -- GRANDPARENTS WERE FROM CIRC!!! SUSAN

          > *
          >
          > *
        • Fred G Kovalyak
          Message 4 of 11 , May 15, 2005
            I will do that Susan, seems to me u must be Related.
            I believe Sister Josifa sent me a bit of Genealogy
            info that mentioned Sima(Shema).
            My Uncle Peter Kopchik (Kopcik) married Irene Shema.
            The Shima,Kovalyak,Gernat, and I think Gil Kubancseks
            GP's came from Circ.

            http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
          • fkovalyak
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 1, 2011

              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 1, 2011
                   I was looking thru ole ARCHIVE msgs and came across this one.
                Three Slovak Gentlemen ,,,one a Redemptionist Priest from Bratislava is
                attending a Christ Life Seminar here in Md. I plan to meet them at Noon and was
                looking for something I could share with them and Accidently sent out this Ole
                msg.

                        Couldn't find Susan's last name or e-mail address !!!

                Fred G kovalyak
                Columbia,Md

                ________________________________
                > In a message dated 5/15/2005 1:07:10 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
                > fkovalyak@... writes:
                >
                > Hello,  Just arrived in Taromina.Sicily. Met Sister Josifa last Thur. Took a
                > few  pictures thhat I will share with u when I return next week.  She is  from

                > the same village (Circ)  as my Grandparents.
                > FG  Kovalyak
                > HI!!!  UPON YOUR RETURN, WOULD LOVE TO GET MORE INFORMATION FROM  YOU.  MY
                > FAMILY NAME IS SIMA -- GRANDPARENTS WERE FROM  CIRC!!!  SUSAN

              • Sue
                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 1, 2011
                  Fred, I think I am the "Susan" that you are referring to. My maiden name is Sima and my father's ancestors are from Circ. My paternal grandfather was John (Jan?) Sima and he was married to Anna Zsuravcik (sp?). They lived in Erie, PA.

                  > In a message dated 5/15/2005 1:07:10 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
                  > fkovalyak@... writes:
                  >
                  > Hello, Just arrived in Taromina.Sicily. Met Sister Josifa last Thur. Took a
                  > few pictures thhat I will share with u when I return next week. She is from

                  > the same village (Circ) as my Grandparents.
                  > FG Kovalyak
                  > HI!!! UPON YOUR RETURN, WOULD LOVE TO GET MORE INFORMATION FROM YOU. MY
                  > FAMILY NAME IS SIMA -- GRANDPARENTS WERE FROM CIRC!!! SUSAN

                • ahoodlumof85
                  Message 8 of 11 , Apr 3, 2011
                    --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "fkovalyak" <fkovalyak@...> wrote:

                    > Ed,

                    Would you be able to give me some contact information for Helena? My husband and I will be going to Rome this summer to meet some of his family and I would love to meet Helena, especially since the Sima name figures into my family tree in Circ. Big family, I know, but all new and still exciting for me!

                    Susan Povich (Popovics) Del Conte

                  • e.gernat@comcast.net
                    Message 9 of 11 , Apr 4, 2011
                      Hi You may have not noticed that Fred's  info was from 2005. Sister Josifa is at the Bascilia in Presov although she does visit her family in Circ Perhaps she will e-mail you

                      So glad that you are going to see Margeta  Edie

                      Would you be able to give me some contact information for Helena? My husband and I will be going to Rome this summer to meet some of his family and I would love to meet Helena, especially since the Sima name figures into my family tree in Circ. Big family, I know, but all new and still exciting for me!

                      Susan Povich (Popovics) Del Conte

                      > --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com , AltoClar@ wrote:
                      > >
                      > > In a message dated 5/15/2005 1:07:10 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
                      > > fkovalyak@ writes:
                      > >
                      > > Hello, Just arrived in Taromina.Sicily. Met Sister Josifa last Thur. Took a
                      > > few pictures thhat I will share with u when I return next week. She is from
                      > > the same village (Circ) as my Grandparents.
                      > > FG Kovalyak
                      > > HI!!! UPON YOUR RETURN, WOULD LOVE TO GET MORE INFORMATION FROM YOU. MY
                      > > FAMILY NAME IS SIMA -- GRANDPARENTS WERE FROM CIRC!!! SUSAN

                    • William C. Wormuth
                      Message 10 of 11 , Apr 4, 2011
                        I'm just waiting for Lubos~ to visit Sister Martina Novotná in Banska Bystrica.

                        Message 11 of 11 , Apr 5, 2011
                          I will forward an email I received from someone in Circ-- perhaps you and Ed can tell me who these relatives are!!!They used the same google translation software that I use-- but it is very hard to understand!