Monday's proverb

    Message 1 of 13 , May 2, 2005
      "Opatrnost'--matka mudrosti"
      lit.: Carefulness/caution is the mother of wisdom
      Prevention is better than cure

      Helen
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 18, 2005
        "Proti veku nieto lieku"
        lit.: Against old age there is no cure
        There is a remedy for all things but death

      • Nick Holcz
        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 18, 2005
          At 05:57 AM 19/07/2005, you wrote:
          >"Proti veku nieto lieku"
          >lit.: Against old age there is no cure
          >There is a remedy for all things but death

          I read that growing old is mandatory growing up is optional.

          Nick
          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 19, 2005
            Goodness knows I'm living proof of that. ;-)

            >>> nickh@... 07/18/05 11:45 PM >>>
            At 05:57 AM 19/07/2005, you wrote:
            >"Proti veku nieto lieku"
            >lit.: Against old age there is no cure
            >There is a remedy for all things but death

            I read that growing old is mandatory growing up is optional.

            Nick

            Slovakia Heritage
            YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

          • Dr. Joe Q
            Message 5 of 13 , Jul 19, 2005
              You're only young once but you can be immature for
              ever.

              Dr. "Q"

              http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs