Re: [Slovak-World] What is Slovakia doing concerning the loss of ourHoly Father?

  • Martin Votruba
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 3, 2005
      > Slovak is still spoken it the area and they even have a Slovak
      > elementary school in Nowa Biala.

      My post said explicitly that they were born in Bielsko-Biala in
      Silesia:

      >> Maria Anna's father was born in Bielsko-Biala
      >> in Silesia (Poland) and Anna's father was born
      >> near Bielsko-Biala.

      Bielsko-Biala in Silesia has nothing to do with Nowa Biala in the
      historical County of Spis. Bielsko-Biala has never been part of
      anything Slovak, or Czecho-Slovak, or of the former Kingdom of
      Hungary, nor has it been swapped for anything. The fathers of the
      Pope's both grandmothers were born in Bielsko-Biala in Silesia.

      Martin

      votruba "at" pitt "dot" edu