Re: [Slovak-World] Kosice Centrum Hotel

  • LHBrigham
    Message 1 of 20 , Apr 2, 2005
      Vladimir's eMail address is"

      konekta@...

      helene cincebeaux wrote:

      >--- helene cincebeaux <helenezx@...> wrote:
      >Could Vladimir Bohinc contact me or does anyone have
      >his e mail address - i have someone who would like
      >genealogy done and their roots are in bratislava.
      >
      >helene

    • helene cincebeaux
      Message 2 of 20 , Apr 2, 2005
        --- LHBrigham <LHBrigham@...> wrote:

        > Vladimir's eMail address is"
        >
        > konekta@...
        >
        > THANKS!!!!!

        http://mobile.yahoo.com/maildemo
      • Slovakman
        Message 3 of 20 , Apr 3, 2005
          The Hotel Turiec has served me well on my 3 visits to Martin.

          My brother and I have had 3 SISITKA family reunions at the Hotel

          In 2003, we had over 90 relatives meet in the main dining area with a
          catered buffet

          It is near the town center, good food, and bar

          A. Sokolíka 2, 036 01 Martin, Slovakia

          Tel: 00421/43/4221017-9

          Fax: 00421/43/4220518

          e-mail: hotel-turiec@...

          On Mar 30, 2005, at 3:41 PM, Helen Fedor wrote:

          > I'm going on a work trip to Slovakia in May. Does anyone have
          > recommendations for, or against, a hotel or pension in any of the
          > following cities?
          >
          > Bratislava
          > Martin
          > Pres~ov
          > Kos~ice
          > Banska Bystrica
          >

          > Helen

        • Lil Junas
          Message 4 of 20 , Apr 3, 2005
            Yes, the Turiec management also has been nice to me and my college
            student group. (I take a group to Slovakia every other spring.) I
            use Martin as my base camp -- and we take side trips from there. I
            had told Helen that we usually stay at the Cierna Pani, a motel-type
            lodging (with restaurant) about 2-1/2 blocks from the Martin centrum.
            But a few years ago, because of an itinerary change, the Cierna Pani
            could not take us for part of the time -- so we stayed a few days at
            the Turiec.

            Although the Turiec charged about a third more per room, they agreed
            to give us the rooms at the same price as we had paid at Cierna Pani.
            Of course, it helped that my Slovak friend did the talking. The CP
            has about 12 rooms on the second floor. The building resembles a
            home. One of the corner rooms has a small balcony. We usually get
            that room because it's larger and can hold four single beds.

            By the way, I will be leaving for Slovakia April 27 with eight media
            students. We will spend 13 days at the Cierna Pani. For the story
            seekers, this place has an interesting history. It was a prostitute
            home back in the 20s.
            Lil

            >The Hotel Turiec has served me well on my 3 visits to Martin.
            >
            >My brother and I have had 3 SISITKA family reunions at the Hotel
            >
            >In 2003, we had over 90 relatives meet in the main dining area with a
            >catered buffet
            >
            >It is near the town center, good food, and bar
            >

            >A. Sokolíka 2, 036 01 Martin, Slovakia
            >
            >Tel: 00421/43/4221017-9
            >
            >Fax: 00421/43/4220518
            >
            >e-mail: hotel-turiec@...
            >

            >On Mar 30, 2005, at 3:41 PM, Helen Fedor wrote:
            >

            >> I'm going on a work trip to Slovakia in May. Does anyone have
            >> recommendations for, or against, a hotel or pension in any of the
            >> following cities?
            >>
            >> Bratislava
            >> Martin
            >> Pres~ov
            >> Kos~ice
            >> Banska Bystrica
            >>

            >> Helen
            >>

            >> Yahoo! Groups Links

            >Yahoo! Groups Links

            LIL JUNAS. Comm Arts Dept. Wartburg College. Waverly, Iowa 50677
            For facts about my book, MY SLOVAKIA," and guide, check
            http://members.tripod.com/~Junas
            "To be nobody but myself."
          • helene cincebeaux
            Message 5 of 20 , Apr 3, 2005
              --- Lil Junas <lil.junas@...> wrote:

              > Yes, the Turiec management also has been nice to me

              nice to hear that Lil - thay have been good to me too
              have been going there since 1978.

              When in Martin don't miss the Ethnographic Museum -
              Have heard it is the best in Europe!

              helene

              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • Lil Junas
              Message 6 of 20 , Apr 4, 2005
                Agree. The ethno museum is terrific. Also, if anyone is interested in
                nature (biology, animals, etc.,) visit the nature museum in Martin.
                It's across the street from the post office. Plus the art and
                literature museum in the old Matica Slovenska building on the main
                street. Not to forget the current Matica building atop the hill, just
                beyond the ethno museum. That's where the state library is. Some
                exciting exhibits there. And the Benko art museum near Cierna Pani
                (He was the national artist).
                So, Martin has a lot of things to see --- these are just some of them
                within blocks of each other.
                Lil

                Message 7 of 20 , Apr 4, 2005
                  There are a lot of interesting places listed as a result of this query.

                  This group could probably create a large list of towns to visit and
                  things to see or do that will interest a travelor to Slovakia.

                  I don't know how to create the section on the web site but we should be
                  able to create a list of towns in Slovakia and have members propose
                  things to see and do in each one. Someone planning a trip to Slovakia
                  can download data for all of the towns of interest.

                  Lowell