Re: [Slovak-World] Slovak film in Pittsburgh, Sunday, April 3

  • Gil Kubancsek
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 1, 2005
      Hello Caye (Chicago)

      Helene reports in her Spring 2005 issue of Slovakia that the 15th Annual Slovak Festival will be held on Sunday November 6 from 12 noon - 5 PM at the Cathedral of Learning on the U of Pitt campus.

      I penciled in the date on my schedule and hope to see you there.

      (and Gil) J

      Caye Caswick <ccaswick@...> wrote:

      Hey Martin (and Gil):

      Any idea yet (I know it's early) when the Annual
      Slovak Heritage Festival will be scheduled for? I had
      such a good time last year, I'd love to attend again
      if I'm able -- and around 'here' you have to put in
      for vacation about a year in advance in order to get
      the creamiest dates. Thanks!

      Caye (Chicago)

      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 1, 2005
        Thank you Gil -- same on this end!

        I'll pencil it now and put in for the vacation time.

        Caye

        --- Gil Kubancsek <gek0105@...> wrote:

> [...]
        > > silent motion
        > > picture Janosik used to be shown with great
        > success
        > > in
        > > Slovak-American communities, including in
        > > Pittsburgh, through the
        > > 1950s, but was thought lost afterwards. With this
        > > presentation at
        > > the University of Pittsburgh, the first Slovak
        > film
        > > Janosik is
        > > returning to Pittsburgh at a non-profit viewing
        > > after it was restored
        > > from two incomplete copies. There will be a brief
        > > introduction and a
        > > handout.
        > >

        > > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

        > > Yahoo! Terms of Service.

        > > removed]
        > >

        > > Yahoo! Groups Links

        > Yahoo! Personals - Better first dates. More second

        http://personals.yahoo.com
      • Martin Votruba
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 1, 2005
          > Are reservations required? Do you expect an overflow attendence?
          > How early should I arrive? Is there a charge?

          The room can accommodate 60+ people (probably dozens more), so seats
          should not be a problem, Gil. The Slovak Studies Program at Pitt doesn't
          charge anything, but the Western Pennsylvania Slovak Cultural Association
          will be collecting contributions/donations ($5 per person, I think; it's
          free for students).

          Martin

          votruba "at" pitt "dot" edu
        • Gil Kubancsek
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 1, 2005
            Thanks Martin.

            Appears to be very acceptable arrangements.

            Gil

            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 2, 2005
              Does any one in the Pittsburgh area know of any greek orthodox churches
              that the ladies make Kataifi at their annual Greek Food Festivals?

              Fred & Pauline