Re: Learning slovak language

  • jeff_stana
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 6, 2005
      This course of study was available on cassette at my local library.
      An excellent way to sample material before making a purchase.

      > Try "Colloquial Slovak, The Complete Course for Beginners" by
      James
      > Naughton, published by Routledge (London and New York); it's a set
      of a textbook with
      > two cassette tapes.
      >

      > ____________________________
      > B. J. Licko-Keel (BJLK@a...)
    • raybravo2000
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 6, 2005
        The Czech & Slovak Heritage Assc. in Baltimore has classes

        http://www.czslha.org/

        Students come as far as northern New Jersey and Virginia.

        Colin

        PS: Maybe some other C&S organizations should step up to the
        plate. Chicago and New York must have more people who could
        teach these languages than in the Baltimore area. And there is
        a museum in Iowa. My two heller.

        --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "Dan Kisha"
        <daniel.kisha@p...> wrote:
        > A slovak customer, with limited eye sight, asked me if there
        were
        > tapes or CD's available for her to learn Slovak. Thought I
        would
        > ask the group if they knew if a product was available to help
        her.

        > Thanks in advance.
        >
        > Dan Kisha daniel.kisha@p...
        > Slovak Import Company
        > New WWW Address: http://www.slovakic.com
        > Ebay WWW Address:

        http://www.ebaystores.ebay.com/slovakimportcompany?refid=st
        ore
      • krejc@aol.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 7, 2005
          Colin,
          how i wish that someone would teach Slovak language in New York and Jersey
          area. I considered the Maryland one last year, but the travel would be too
          much.
          Noreen