Proverb for Wednesday

    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 2, 2005
      "Kto neokusil zle, nevie, c~o je dobre"

      No man better knows what good is than he who has endured evil
      [author]

      He who has not experiened evil, does not know what good is.

      Helen
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 30, 2005
        "Nech sa mladost' vyblazni"

        Youth will have its course [author]

        Literally: Let youth run its course of craziness (????)

        Helen
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 13, 2005
          "Nie je vs~etko zlato, c~o sa blys~ti"
          All that glitters is not gold

          Helen
        • Nick Holcz
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 13, 2005
            At 02:32 AM 14/04/2005, you wrote:

            >"Nie je vs~etko zlato, c~o sa blys~ti"
            >All that glitters is not gold
            >
            >Helen
            Helen I think it should be,

            " Nor all that glisters gold"

            Thomas Gray 1747 part of "Ode on the death of a favourite cat"

            Nick
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 13, 2005
              "Prilez~itost' robi zlodeja"
              Opportunity makes the thief