RE: [Slovak-World] A Few Words from Andrej Roonisky

  • Jim M
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1 7:00 PM
      ha ha. very good ray 9andrej)

      _____

      From: raybravo2000 [mailto:colinv@...]
      Sent: Tuesday, February 01, 2005 8:36 PM
      To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [Slovak-World] A Few Words from Andrej Roonisky

      You know I was thinking, how come we make Hyundais, KIAs,
      VWs, Peugeots but we can't make pierogi that will stay warm on
      the plate. I mean this isn't rocket science. I usually enjoy a plate
      of pierogi. I like mine with a little onions and chive on top. But by
      the time I get to the last one and it's cold. Isn't somebody
      working on this. Potatoes, cheese, eggs, have been around a
      long time, but I don't see much in the way of improvement.

      Speaking of all these cars we're going to build, I mean how
      many do we need. I guess I could use four. One to drive to work,
      something sporty that can go fast so I don't have to get up too
      early. Going home I think another car would be good, something
      more like a luxury car so I can relax after all the stress from my
      job. Another car for going to the market and running errands, a
      practical car that didn't use a lot of gas. Or maybe one of those
      hybrids, that would be good. I'd be on the cutting edge of errand
      running. For driving to see friends and family or for vacations I
      think I would like an antique car. The kind of car that gets
      noticed, sometimes I actually like it when people point at me.

      Which brings me to how much I enjoy other people's attention.
      It's fine at work, I expect to by noticed for what I do. It's OK when I
      am food shopping and people see what I eat. I mean I'm in a
      big store with a large cart, anyone can look in and see I eat too
      many cookies and too many snack foods. I've reached this ripe
      old age and this is how I got here. Places where I don't enjoy
      other people's attention is at the doctor's office or in the hospital.
      It's OK for the nurses and doctors to lavish there attention on me,
      but if they are causing other people to take notice then it's not so
      good. Like if someone on the staff loses your specimen and
      they are walking around the office and looking everywhere and
      saying "Where is Pan Roonisky's specimen? Have you seen
      Pan Roonisky's specimen?" Then they come to you and
      apologize in that very nice manner that nurse's and doctors have
      "We are very sorry." Then ask you in manner more like a
      schoolteacher, "Can you give us another specimen?" Then I
      just feel like saying, "Can you repeat the question."

      Andrej Roonisky

      _____

      <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

    • sandman6294
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1 8:25 PM
        --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "raybravo2000" <colinv@e...>
        wrote:

        > You know I was thinking, how come we make Hyundais, KIAs,
        > VWs, Peugeots but we can't make pierogi that will stay warm on
        > the plate. I mean this isn't rocket science. I usually enjoy a

        Try the jalapen~o variety.

        RU