Slovak Ski Association

  • amiak27
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1 6:20 AM
      This would seem to be a natural problem for Vlad the Skier or Dan
      the Trader to work on. This could also lead to many in S-W warming
      your hearts and your heads in the US Canada & Down Under - OK,
      forget Down Under with their heat. All of you with cold weather and
      storms, listen up!

      There is the Slovak Ski Association in Slovakia and they have a
      bunch of good things going for them. Lots of ski areas, a nice
      association page at
      http://www.slz.sk/aktuality_eng.php
      a nice symbol and lots of foreign Slovaks who could be buying great
      ski hats, jackets and mitts to keep warm with and suport the Slovak
      ski program at the same time.

      Why don't they advertize and sell to us? That is the question I
      wouldlike Vlad or Dan to answer, as I bet there are a lot of people
      out there who would be happy to buy from the association and be able
      to show off a Slovak ski symbol on their hat or jacket.

      I am up here in Alaska on the Ski Patrol, so I get out to a lot of
      ski races and activities and am a bit tired of seeing Norwegian
      flags and such on ski hats. It would be nict to pull on my warm
      Slovak hat.

      Anyone know how we can contact them & get them to sell some items to
      us? They could use it as a good fund raiser at the same time - I
      don't know of any ski team that is too rich! I wrote to them once
      months ago but have received no answer. Iam hoping someone who
      writes Slovak or does regular businessover there will have a better
      approach.

      We stil have a few months to our ski season if the East Coast does
      not steal more of our snow, so I would like to get something this
      year yet.

      Ron

      OK, having a Slovak Ski Association in Slovakia seems pretty natural
      & where you would expect to find them, RU.

      Someone claimed Slovakia has maybe more ski areas than any other
      country of comparable size (I will have to compare it to Switzerland
      later)
    • Mary
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1 11:39 AM
        If you would like to see what the slopes look like, follow this link to the
        webcams:

        http://www.holidayinfo.sk/galerie.php?lang=3

        Mary