Proverbs for Wednesday and Thursday

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 6, 2005
      "Ked' rinc~ia zbrane, mlc~ia muzy"

      Where drums speak out, laws hold their tongues [author]

      When weapons rattle, the Muses are silent

      Do we have a standard/better-known version of this one in English?

      "Ked' sa dvaja biju, treti ma osoh"

      Two dogs strive for a bone, and the third runs away with it

      When two persons fight, a third one profits.

      Helen