Re: [Slovak-World] Polka night at my house!

  • krejc@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 4, 2005
      In a message dated 1/3/05 7:18:07 PM Eastern Standard Time, agp@...
      writes:
      Today I received an item that I won on eBay. A stack of 17 old Dana 78s
      Tony,
      last year the local A&P sold a wonderful wooden record player made by
      Sylvania. for $99, i got a record player, CD player, cassette player and AM/FM radio
      all wrapped into one. i have not stopped using it. it looks like the old
      fashioned wooden ones and sits on top of the table. now i can play all my old
      albums again.
      i think that record players must be making a comeback and that people are
      enjoying the old albums once again.
      congratulations on your Ebay find!!!
      Noreen

    • agp@telerama.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 4, 2005
        At 00:38 04/01/2005, Mrbob120@... wrote:
        >Do you listen to "247 polka heaven " while you read your emails?

        Can't say that I do. Truth be told, I was never really a fan of 'modern'
        polkas like those that get played on the radio today. Give me those oldies
        but goodies!

        Tony
      • agp@telerama.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 4, 2005
          At 09:06 04/01/2005, Noreen wrote:
          >Tony,
          >last year the local A&P sold a wonderful wooden record player made by
          >Sylvania. for $99

          It is amazing that after years of not being able to buy a record player,
          and many many more years of not being able to buy one that plays 78s that
          you can get one fairly easily and cheaply these days.

          I bought an old one that was used in a school. These are built like tanks!
          Since then I've been buying 78s on eBay like crazy. Only at my place have
          you hear a polka followed by Buddy Holly!

          Tony