Re: [Slovak-World] Polka night at my house!

  • mrbob120@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 3, 2005
      Do you listen to "247 polka heaven " while you read your emails?

    • krejc@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 4, 2005
        In a message dated 1/3/05 7:18:07 PM Eastern Standard Time, agp@...
        writes:
        Today I received an item that I won on eBay. A stack of 17 old Dana 78s
        Tony,
        last year the local A&P sold a wonderful wooden record player made by
        Sylvania. for $99, i got a record player, CD player, cassette player and AM/FM radio
        all wrapped into one. i have not stopped using it. it looks like the old
        fashioned wooden ones and sits on top of the table. now i can play all my old
        albums again.
        i think that record players must be making a comeback and that people are
        enjoying the old albums once again.
        congratulations on your Ebay find!!!
        Noreen

      • agp@telerama.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 4, 2005
          At 00:38 04/01/2005, Mrbob120@... wrote:
          >Do you listen to "247 polka heaven " while you read your emails?

          Can't say that I do. Truth be told, I was never really a fan of 'modern'
          polkas like those that get played on the radio today. Give me those oldies
          but goodies!

          Tony
        • agp@telerama.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 4, 2005
            At 09:06 04/01/2005, Noreen wrote:
            >Tony,
            >last year the local A&P sold a wonderful wooden record player made by
            >Sylvania. for $99

            It is amazing that after years of not being able to buy a record player,
            and many many more years of not being able to buy one that plays 78s that
            you can get one fairly easily and cheaply these days.

            I bought an old one that was used in a school. These are built like tanks!
            Since then I've been buying 78s on eBay like crazy. Only at my place have
            you hear a polka followed by Buddy Holly!

            Tony