Two for the price of one

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 3, 2005
      "Keby nebolo keby, boli by sme v nebi"

      If my aunt had been a man, she'd have been my uncle [author]

      If there were no 'if', we'd all be in heaven

      Years ago I heard this as "Keby nebolo keby, ani Slovakov by nebolo"
      (If there were no 'if', there wouldn't even be any Slovaks).

      And in case I already sent that one earlier, here's one more:

      "Keby si bol mlc~al, bol by si zostal filozofom"

      There is a time to speak and a time to be silent [author]

      If you had remained silent, you would have stayed a philosopher.

      Helen
    • Caye Caswick
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 3, 2005
        Shouldda, couldda, wouldda ... and