Ancestry maps and others

  • J. Michutka
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2005
      Well, it looks like one can no longer access Ancestry's maps without a
      subscription; the link I sent several days ago will only take you to a map
      search page on Ancestry, and I can't find a way to get to the maps
      themselves. But I think a lot of these maps are available (free) elsewhere
      on the web; here's the link for one that I had mentioned earlier:

      http://www.livgenmi.com/gardiner51.htm Central Europe 1789

      also: http://www.lib.utexas.edu/maps/historical/history_europe.html A
      number of maps of Central Europe, including one of the time period
      919-1125; interesting to see which maps include info on the area of
      present-day Slovakia. Under "Europe" there are some maps on the European
      religious situation in the 1500s and 1600s; Slovakia is a mix of Lutherans
      and "reclaimed to Roman Catholicism".

      Julie Michutka
      jmm@...