i've been to a russian orthodox service in pa

  • Gail Sirotnak
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 25, 2004
      they said their service was as close to a sevice like in the begining of
      christianity, the large choir sang chant like music even during the message
      there was alot of insense, it was wonderful, do you know what the insense
      was?--i came home wanting to light candles and incence and bought a cd of
      the music gail
    • Fred G Kovalyak
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 25, 2004
        I tried to find a "short" answer for the Incense but

        am not sure I was successful !!!!

        ... Incense manifests the prayers of the saints as
        they ... bread�risen bread�is used in Orthodox
        Communion to ... Candles are used in churches to
        symbolize the light ...
        www.antiochian.org/orthodox-church-terms-h-n - 19k -
        Cached - Similar pages

        Questions and Answers about the Orthodox Church
        http://www.geocities.com/heartland/hills/4414/question.htm

        FGK

        http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
      • Fred G Kovalyak
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 25, 2004
          The URL below should answer some questions about
          Rusyns/Ruthenians. I say "Im Slovak", my Uncle "3
          mos older than me", says he is Rusyn, and so am I
          !!!!!

          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Czech_and_Slovak_Orthodox_Church

          fgk
          Columbia,Md.