Proverb for a Monday

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 6, 2004
      Dear SWers,
      I forgot to send out proverbs for the weekend. We were getting ready
      for our big Sv. Mikulas party here and I got a bit distracted. A
      wonderful time was had by all (Jim, did you get plenty of holubky and
      halus~ky?): food, live music, cute kids getting presents from Mikulas
      (and singing a little song), dancing, singing. Join us next year if you
      can.

      "Hrdza rozoz~erie aj z~elezo"

      Rust eats iron [author]

      Rust evens eats through iron.

      One more, to make up for this weekend:

      "Hrozno je kysle, povedala lis~ka"

      The graphes are sour, as the fox said, when he could not reach them
      [author]

      The graphes are sour, said the fox. [Taken from a fable by Aesop]