Re: [Slovak-World] Slovak talks in Boston, 12/4-7

  • Martin Votruba
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 2, 2004
      > Do you know if it's possible to attend just
      > a couple of lectures without paying

      I don't know what it is theoretically, but there are no checks of any
      sort at these conferences. Hundreds of people just mill around. You
      have to pay in advance if you're giving a paper; otherwise, what you
      get for the privilege of paying is a flimsy name-tag (there's no
      obligation to wear it).

      There must be many especially local people at each of these
      conferences who just come for the talks. As for me, I'll be happy to
      see as many people as want to come at any of the panels, and
      everyone's welcome to join the discussion. The Slovak panels are
      usually small. Moreover, two Slovak panels have been scheduled at
      the same time this year, which is really annoying considering that
      there are just a handful altogether.

      Martin

      votruba "at" pitt "dot" edu