Re: [Slovak-World] A proverb for Tuesday

    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 3, 2004
      I also thought of "Out of the mouths of babes and drunkards comes the
      truth"

      Helen

      >>> nickh@... 11/2/2004 10:22:13 PM >>>
      At 10:36 PM 2/11/2004, you wrote:

      >"C^o triezvy mysli, opity povie"
      >
      >"What soberness conceals, drunkenness reveals" [author]
      >
      >What the sober man thinks, the drunken man says.
      >

      >Helen

      I was taught

      In vino veritas In wine the truth

      Nick

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      Yahoo! Groups Links
      To visit your group on the web, go to:
    • Dr. Joe Q
      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 3, 2004
        Veritas - the only word that appears on the crest or
        school seal of Harvard.

        I went to Notre Dame their crest is much more verbos:

        Vita
        Dulcedo
        Spes

        Life
        Sweetness
        Hope

        http://www.nd.edu/~wcawley/corson/schoolcolors.htm

        The "true wine grape" is vina vinfera

        Dr. "Q"

        --- Nick Holcz <nickh@...> wrote:

        > At 10:36 PM 2/11/2004, you wrote:
        >
        > >"C^o triezvy mysli, opity povie"
        > >
        > >"What soberness conceals, drunkenness reveals"
        > [author]
        > >
        > >What the sober man thinks, the drunken man says.
        > >

        > >Helen
        >
        > I was taught
        >
        > In vino veritas In wine the truth
        >
        > Nick

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Gerald J. Sabo
        Message 3 of 14 , Nov 4, 2004
          I suspect that the motto of Notre Dame {Our Lady}is based on
          a line from the Salve Regina: Salve Regina, Mater
          misericordiae, Vita, dulcedo, et spes nostra salve--Jerry
          Sabo.

          > Veritas - the only word that appears on the crest or
          > school seal of Harvard.
          >
          > I went to Notre Dame their crest is much more
          > verbos:
          >
          > Vita
          > Dulcedo
          > Spes
          >
          > Life
          > Sweetness
          > Hope
          >
          > http://www.nd.edu/~wcawley/corson/schoolcolors.htm
          >
          > The "true wine grape" is vina vinfera
          >
          > Dr. "Q"
          >
          > --- Nick Holcz <nickh@...> wrote:
          >
          > > At 10:36 PM 2/11/2004, you wrote:
          > >
          > > >"C^o triezvy mysli, opity povie"
          > > >
          > > >"What soberness conceals, drunkenness reveals"
          > > [author]
          > > >
          > > >What the sober man thinks, the drunken man says.
          > > >

          > > >Helen
          > >
          > > I was taught
          > >
          > > In vino veritas In wine the truth
          > >
          > > Nick

          > protection around
          > http://mail.yahoo.com
          >
          > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
          > click here

          > Yahoo! Terms of Service.
        • Dr. Joe Q
          Message 4 of 14 , Nov 4, 2004
            Dear Fr. Jerry,

            Correct, it is!

            Dr. "Q"

            --- "Gerald J. Sabo" <gsabo@...> wrote:

            > I suspect that the motto of Notre Dame {Our Lady}is
            > based on
            > a line from the Salve Regina: Salve Regina, Mater
            > misericordiae, Vita, dulcedo, et spes nostra
            > salve--Jerry
            > Sabo.

            Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page.
            www.yahoo.com
          • Edward T. Surkosky
            Message 5 of 14 , Nov 4, 2004
              Veritus is the motto of the "Domine Canis" (hounds of God) the Dominicans - Order of Preachers,
              founded by St. Dominic de Guzman (1180-1220)

              Ed Surkosky - etsmred@...