A proverb for Tuesday

    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 2, 2004
      "C^o triezvy mysli, opity povie"

      "What soberness conceals, drunkenness reveals" [author]

      What the sober man thinks, the drunken man says.

      Helen
    • Armata, Joseph R. (JArmata)
      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 2, 2004
        Or "In vino veritas!"

        Joe

        "What soberness conceals, drunkenness reveals" [author]

        What the sober man thinks, the drunken man says.

        Helen

      • Nick Holcz
        Message 3 of 14 , Nov 2, 2004
          At 10:36 PM 2/11/2004, you wrote:

          >"C^o triezvy mysli, opity povie"
          >
          >"What soberness conceals, drunkenness reveals" [author]
          >
          >What the sober man thinks, the drunken man says.
          >

          >Helen

          I was taught

          In vino veritas In wine the truth

          Nick
          Message 4 of 14 , Nov 3, 2004
            I also thought of "Out of the mouths of babes and drunkards comes the
            truth"

            Helen

            >>> nickh@... 11/2/2004 10:22:13 PM >>>
            At 10:36 PM 2/11/2004, you wrote:

            >"C^o triezvy mysli, opity povie"
            >
            >"What soberness conceals, drunkenness reveals" [author]
            >
            >What the sober man thinks, the drunken man says.
            >

            >Helen

            I was taught

            In vino veritas In wine the truth

            Nick

            Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

            Yahoo! Groups Links
            To visit your group on the web, go to:
          • Dr. Joe Q
            Message 5 of 14 , Nov 3, 2004
              Veritas - the only word that appears on the crest or
              school seal of Harvard.

              I went to Notre Dame their crest is much more verbos:

              Vita
              Dulcedo
              Spes

              Life
              Sweetness
              Hope

              http://www.nd.edu/~wcawley/corson/schoolcolors.htm

              The "true wine grape" is vina vinfera

              Dr. "Q"

              --- Nick Holcz <nickh@...> wrote:

              > At 10:36 PM 2/11/2004, you wrote:
              >
              > >"C^o triezvy mysli, opity povie"
              > >
              > >"What soberness conceals, drunkenness reveals"
              > [author]
              > >
              > >What the sober man thinks, the drunken man says.
              > >

              > >Helen
              >
              > I was taught
              >
              > In vino veritas In wine the truth
              >
              > Nick

              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • Gerald J. Sabo
              Message 6 of 14 , Nov 4, 2004
                I suspect that the motto of Notre Dame {Our Lady}is based on
                a line from the Salve Regina: Salve Regina, Mater
                misericordiae, Vita, dulcedo, et spes nostra salve--Jerry
                Sabo.

                > Veritas - the only word that appears on the crest or
                > school seal of Harvard.
                >
                > I went to Notre Dame their crest is much more
                > verbos:
                >
                > Vita
                > Dulcedo
                > Spes
                >
                > Life
                > Sweetness
                > Hope
                >
                > http://www.nd.edu/~wcawley/corson/schoolcolors.htm
                >
                > The "true wine grape" is vina vinfera
                >
                > Dr. "Q"
                >
                > --- Nick Holcz <nickh@...> wrote:
                >
                > > At 10:36 PM 2/11/2004, you wrote:
                > >
                > > >"C^o triezvy mysli, opity povie"
                > > >
                > > >"What soberness conceals, drunkenness reveals"
                > > [author]
                > > >
                > > >What the sober man thinks, the drunken man says.
                > > >

                > > >Helen
                > >
                > > I was taught
                > >
                > > In vino veritas In wine the truth
                > >
                > > Nick

                > protection around
                > http://mail.yahoo.com
                >
                > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                > click here

                > Yahoo! Terms of Service.
              • Dr. Joe Q
                Message 7 of 14 , Nov 4, 2004
                  Dear Fr. Jerry,

                  Correct, it is!

                  Dr. "Q"

                  --- "Gerald J. Sabo" <gsabo@...> wrote:

                  > I suspect that the motto of Notre Dame {Our Lady}is
                  > based on
                  > a line from the Salve Regina: Salve Regina, Mater
                  > misericordiae, Vita, dulcedo, et spes nostra
                  > salve--Jerry
                  > Sabo.

                  Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page.
                  www.yahoo.com
                • Edward T. Surkosky
                  Message 8 of 14 , Nov 4, 2004
                    Veritus is the motto of the "Domine Canis" (hounds of God) the Dominicans - Order of Preachers,
                    founded by St. Dominic de Guzman (1180-1220)

                    Ed Surkosky - etsmred@...