Re: [Slovak-World] Re: Christmas cookies

  • PicasGurl@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2004
      Any European will do (Slovak, Hungarian, German,Russian, etc). I am
      looking for an assortment of cookies that I can order.
      BTW, sandman, one of your sites that you gave me just had three pictures
      of various gingerbread cookies, another had a recipe right on it, but
      didn't seem to have cookies I could order. Just to let you know.

      Sugar cookies, rum balls, almond cookies, jelly bars - these are some of
      the cookies I remember growing up.

      See you later,
      Haidee
      PicasGurl@...
    • Evonri@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 1, 2004
        In a message dated 11/1/2004 12:13:04 PM Eastern Standard Time,
        PicasGurl@... writes:

        > Sugar cookies

        Hi there. This is my mom's recipe for sugar cookies -- and we bake them
        every year. Hope you like them == Rita

        SUGAR COOKIES 350° Oven

        Cream Together:
        1 C Powdered Sugar 1 C Granulated Sugar
        1 C Butter 1 C Oil
        2 Eggs 1 tsp Vanilla

        Now add dry ingredients below and mix thoroughly.

        1 tsp Salt 4 C & 4 Heaping TLBs of Flour
        1 tsp Cream of Tartar 1 tsp Baking Soda

        Take bits of the dough and roll the dough in your hand into the size of a
        walnut.

        Place cookies on UNgreased cookie sheet and flatten with a fork.
        Mix equal amounts of sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle a generous amount on top
        of each cookie.

        Bake for 10 minutes or until light golden brown.