Re: Christmas cookies

  • sandman6294
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 31, 2004
      --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "Haidee Kupecz" <PicasGurl@w...>
      wrote:

      > Hi,
      > A while back, I posted a message asking if anyone knew of any
      websites where i can order those yummy Christmas cookies we all know
      and love. Well, I'm still looking, and wondering if anyone can point
      me in the right direction of where to start? If you know of any
      websites, could you please let me know? Thank you so much for your
      help.
      > Haidee

      You might check these to see if these are the cookies you're
      interested in:

      http://www.tourist-channel.sk/sluzby/medovnickyen.php3

      http://www.zssha.edu.sk/projects/data/2004/medovnicky.html

      http://www.slovakheritage.org/Folkartists/folkcaraftslt2.htm

      It would seem that these would be available in the US.

      RU
    • PicasGurl@webtv.net
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 1, 2004
        Any European will do (Slovak, Hungarian, German,Russian, etc). I am
        looking for an assortment of cookies that I can order.
        BTW, sandman, one of your sites that you gave me just had three pictures
        of various gingerbread cookies, another had a recipe right on it, but
        didn't seem to have cookies I could order. Just to let you know.

        Sugar cookies, rum balls, almond cookies, jelly bars - these are some of
        the cookies I remember growing up.

        See you later,
        Haidee
        PicasGurl@...
      • Evonri@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 1, 2004
          In a message dated 11/1/2004 12:13:04 PM Eastern Standard Time,
          PicasGurl@... writes:

          > Sugar cookies

          Hi there. This is my mom's recipe for sugar cookies -- and we bake them
          every year. Hope you like them == Rita

          SUGAR COOKIES 350° Oven

          Cream Together:
          1 C Powdered Sugar 1 C Granulated Sugar
          1 C Butter 1 C Oil
          2 Eggs 1 tsp Vanilla

          Now add dry ingredients below and mix thoroughly.

          1 tsp Salt 4 C & 4 Heaping TLBs of Flour
          1 tsp Cream of Tartar 1 tsp Baking Soda

          Take bits of the dough and roll the dough in your hand into the size of a
          walnut.

          Place cookies on UNgreased cookie sheet and flatten with a fork.
          Mix equal amounts of sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle a generous amount on top
          of each cookie.

          Bake for 10 minutes or until light golden brown.