Christmas cookies

  • Haidee Kupecz
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 31, 2004
      Hi,
      A while back, I posted a message asking if anyone knew of any websites where i can order those yummy Christmas cookies we all know and love. Well, I'm still looking, and wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction of where to start? If you know of any websites, could you please let me know? Thank you so much for your help.
      Haidee
    • sandman6294
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 31, 2004
        --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "Haidee Kupecz" <PicasGurl@w...>
        wrote:

        > Hi,
        > A while back, I posted a message asking if anyone knew of any
        websites where i can order those yummy Christmas cookies we all know
        and love. Well, I'm still looking, and wondering if anyone can point
        me in the right direction of where to start? If you know of any
        websites, could you please let me know? Thank you so much for your
        help.
        > Haidee

        It would be helpful if you described the cookies. We made a cookie
        we called kolac^ki. They were made from rolled dough cut into
        squares about 2" on a side and filled with different fillings such as
        poppy seed, apricot, nuts, etc. Two corners of the square were then
        folded over each other leaving the ends open.

        RU
      • sandman6294
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 31, 2004
          wrote:

          > Hi,
          > A while back, I posted a message asking if anyone knew of any
          websites where i can order those yummy Christmas cookies we all know
          and love. Well, I'm still looking, and wondering if anyone can point
          me in the right direction of where to start? If you know of any
          websites, could you please let me know? Thank you so much for your
          help.
          > Haidee

          You might check these to see if these are the cookies you're
          interested in:

          http://www.tourist-channel.sk/sluzby/medovnickyen.php3

          http://www.zssha.edu.sk/projects/data/2004/medovnicky.html

          http://www.slovakheritage.org/Folkartists/folkcaraftslt2.htm

          It would seem that these would be available in the US.

          RU
        • PicasGurl@webtv.net
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 1, 2004
            Any European will do (Slovak, Hungarian, German,Russian, etc). I am
            looking for an assortment of cookies that I can order.
            BTW, sandman, one of your sites that you gave me just had three pictures
            of various gingerbread cookies, another had a recipe right on it, but
            didn't seem to have cookies I could order. Just to let you know.

            Sugar cookies, rum balls, almond cookies, jelly bars - these are some of
            the cookies I remember growing up.

            See you later,
            Haidee
            PicasGurl@...
          • Evonri@aol.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 1, 2004
              In a message dated 11/1/2004 12:13:04 PM Eastern Standard Time,
              PicasGurl@... writes:

              > Sugar cookies

              Hi there. This is my mom's recipe for sugar cookies -- and we bake them
              every year. Hope you like them == Rita

              SUGAR COOKIES 350° Oven

              Cream Together:
              1 C Powdered Sugar 1 C Granulated Sugar
              1 C Butter 1 C Oil
              2 Eggs 1 tsp Vanilla

              Now add dry ingredients below and mix thoroughly.

              1 tsp Salt 4 C & 4 Heaping TLBs of Flour
              1 tsp Cream of Tartar 1 tsp Baking Soda

              Take bits of the dough and roll the dough in your hand into the size of a
              walnut.

              Place cookies on UNgreased cookie sheet and flatten with a fork.
              Mix equal amounts of sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle a generous amount on top
              of each cookie.

              Bake for 10 minutes or until light golden brown.