Re: [Slovak-World] for Vladimir

  • Marty
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 28, 2003
      Vladimir whatt is the meaning of the Kovic in my name I see Jurkovic, Jurko, Jura etc.etc I have always wonderd. Thanks, Marty
      Vladimir Bohinc <konekta@...> wrote:Dear Bill,
      Your surname is not really very good for this, because it already has ic at the end.
      I have another (and many more examples), that really has varied
      Pekar=original
      Pekarovic
      Pekarski
      Pekarech
      Lately I ran accross a really weird misspelling on Ellis island.
      I was looking for Vega surname.
      And I found one, the was;
      First name was written on the first place, where the last name should have been.
      The first name was female, Neza, which means Agnes.
      The transcriptor read Neza as Vega surname! This person is totally lost for anyone.
      Also, if you go to Ellis Island with hungarian spellings, you will get people, that came from Hungary.
      With normal spelling, you will get them from other countries.
      Anyway, there is no shortcut to this surname science.You have to experiment and learn.
      Regards,
      Vladimir